Is French a poor language indeed?

dro   Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:04 pm GMT
Phonetically, Spanish is very very poor.
BB   Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:11 pm GMT
The Spanish people are jealous of French because French has more prestige in the world. French is also nicer sounding than Spanish.

That's why they keep on attacking the French language.

Jealousy makes you nasty! ;-(
^^   Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:17 pm GMT
Only the French speakers say French sounds nice.
opinion   Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:19 pm GMT
...and homosexuals. If Franco would be speaking French he'd only make friends with the local women of his area, it would castrate him of his masculinity. That fact alone makes Spanish a more suitable language.
**   Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:29 pm GMT
Spanish is gay.
Spain is one of the very few countries with same-sex marriage!
Shame to the Spics.

"The Spanish people are jealous of French because French has more prestige in the world. French is also nicer sounding than Spanish."

This is an obvious fact. Many Spaniards are so ashamed of their own language that they switch to Catalan, in which they see a more Northern (hence superior) way of speaking.

Truth hurts!
Where's Brennus!   Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:20 am GMT
<<This is an obvious fact. Many Spaniards are so ashamed of their own language that they switch to Catalan, in which they see a more Northern (hence superior) way of speaking.

Truth hurts! >>

??
Penetra   Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:32 am GMT
<< For example, Rioplatense has 20,000 unique words. So this is evidence that French is more unified than Spanish. >>

They may be rioplatense terms, but I think everybody knows what "achuras" and "chinchulines" are.
joe   Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:16 am GMT
lol i'm american, and despite most of us supposedly hating the french, i still say french sounds much nicer and flows more smoothly, while spanish can be kind of harsh. though castillian can be okay sometimes

french>italian>spanish>portuguese>chinese
ash   Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:23 am GMT
lol i'm american, and despite most of us supposedly hating the spanish, i still say spanish sounds much nicer and flows more smoothly, while french can be kind of harsh. though french can be okay sometimes

spanish>italian>russian>german>french>chinese
Carlitos   Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:31 am GMT
lol i'm argentine, and despite most of us supposedly hating the brazilians, i still say portuguese sounds much nicer and flows more smoothly, while unitedstatian english can be kind of harsh. though unitedstatian english can be okay sometimes

portuguese>french>italian>spanish>french>chinese>american english=cra.p
Latin power   Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:37 am GMT
This troll is Anglo, and he is laughing all day meanwhile all the Spanish, French and Portuguese speakers are fighting each other.
French no is Latin   Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:45 pm GMT
Ay, French no es Latin, my Friend
Ren   Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:59 pm GMT
French is latin my friend. And yes Spanish is a very poor language phonetically!
Baldewin   Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:01 pm GMT
The richest language phonetically is !Xõo, but it's predestined to remain spoken by a tribal people and probably die out one day.
Komtu   Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:59 pm GMT
Just stop with this shit.
Its stupid. French is not poor language, and how is Spanish poor phonetically? Stop making up shit to get people to argue. All your opinions are stupid and make no sense at all.