How do you like Ana Ibáñez Llorente of TVE?

Shuimo   Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:26 am GMT
The other day I found this presenter on TVE, Ana Ibáñez Llorente, who is beautiful with her charming smiles! The sad thing is that Shuimo can't even understood a single word ogf what she said in Spanish!

Could anyone give me any links where she speaks English?
Juan   Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:50 pm GMT
She is a Spanish journalist girl. She is 28 y.o. and he is from La Rioja, Spain.

I didn't see any link where she speaks English. Sorry, but you have another point to study Spanish.

This webpage is about Ana, but it is in Spanish.

http://anatve.blogspot.com/
LadyLuxembourg   Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:10 am GMT
I hate her accent, her s's are so palatalized (sh-sounding), in her accent: fiestas sounds like fieshtash, it sounds very Portuguese.
Borat   Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:43 am GMT
She's ugly as sin!
Shuimo   Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:47 pm GMT
Juan Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:50 pm GMT
She is a Spanish journalist girl. She is 28 y.o. and he is from La Rioja, Spain.

I didn't see any link where she speaks English. Sorry, but you have another point to study Spanish.

This webpage is about Ana, but it is in Spanish.

---------------
Hhaha, if I could marry her as my wife, Shuimo may surely seriously consider yr suggestion!:-)
blanth   Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:30 pm GMT
<<I hate her accent, her s's are so palatalized (sh-sounding), in her accent: fiestas sounds like fieshtash, it sounds very Portuguese. >>

Don't most accents from Spain sound pretty strange?

"Thelebrations", and "acthident" (or was it just "athident"?) for example.
Princesa   Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:51 pm GMT
Tributo a Spanish Lady (canción popular irlandesa):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez0bLIsyRNo

a ver si a Shuimo le complace estas otras presentadoras:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi1MSCnIRNA

Maybe another reason to learn Spanish
crushlefties   Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:03 am GMT
I'd stick a paper bag over her head and bend her over.
Franco   Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:28 am GMT
<<Don't most accents from Spain sound pretty strange?

>>

Nothing strange as that is proper Spanish. S/Z confussion, pretty frequent in Latin America, is in fact quite disturbing.
Caruthersvile curmudgeon   Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:56 pm GMT
<<S/Z confussion, pretty frequent in Latin America, is in fact quite disturbing. >>

The Latin American way seems more natural for an English speaker, though.

Consider c/s/z/x and all the ways they get pronounced in different words -- seldom (if ever) do any of these get pronounced as one of the "th" sounds.
Pete from Peru   Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:31 pm GMT
>><<Don't most accents from Spain sound pretty strange?

>>

Nothing strange as that is proper Spanish. S/Z confussion, pretty frequent in Latin America, is in fact quite disturbing.<<

No Blanth, they don't sound strange. Most Peninsular Spanish accents sound like that. It's a natural feature in their dialects.

Latin American Spanish lacking that disctintion is only confusing for you Franco. Any Spanish speaker can understand words that would become homophones in our dialects, context is usually all you need.

But it may be indeed disturbing for some people. Just like I find a little disturbing the way "mar" and "mal" become homophones in Caribbean Spanish, and the pronunciation of "puelta", "puelto", "muelte", "peldon", etc. It sounds very off to me; it's not something I'd ever say myself. So that's more or less the feeling Franco has towards our lack of C/S/Z distinction.

>>The Latin American way seems more natural for an English speaker, though.<<

Yeah, it may sound more natural to you. But remember the way non-native speakers perceive things has often really nothing to do with the way native speakers feel them or understand them. Just like most of my students hardly ever replicate my way of not pronouncing Rs in coda position, or insist on pronouncing "little" something like "liddle" because it's what sounds more natural to them, or so they say. But that doesn't mean British accents are wrong.

Coming back to the lady at the beginning. Honestly, I don't think she's that beautiful. I've met gorgeus Spanish girls, I'm sure there must be more good-looking girls in Spain.

Cheers
Cyrano Lorent   Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:20 pm GMT
I bet she's got a big black hairy Spanish bush which blows about in the mistral wind. I know this because cuttings from her massive bush are used as kindling by Spanish immigrants to start bush fires in the glorious nation of France. Me pompier, so to speak.
Observer   Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:01 pm GMT
She looks too Germanic to be a real Spaniard. Real Spaniards are much more swarthy and Arab-like.
Penetra   Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:49 am GMT
<< The Latin American way seems more natural for an English speaker, though. >>

On that note, nothing is more hillarious/awkward than an Englishman speaking about his trip to "Ibitha" or "Barthelona."
Pete from Peru   Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:10 pm GMT
<<She looks too Germanic to be a real Spaniard. Real Spaniards are much more swarthy and Arab-like.>>

Yeah, you've made a point there, mate. I think perhaps that's why I don't find her particularly attractive.

This one is more beautiful in my humble opinion; Elena Carranza. Here, she's caught distracted with the PC and then smiling to someone of the filming crew. She's hot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwTl-L32z6k&feature=related

And this one seems to be the most gorgeous presenter I've found on TVE. Just my opinion of course but... God she's lovely! and she seems to like football!! She's sexy as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpgPcmDLSt8&feature=related

Regards