French National Anthem as sung by Swedes

++   Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:00 pm GMT
swedish women sing the french national anthem
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujb8aNZ8iGk

Sibel Redzep(of Swedish Idol) - French & Swedish national anthems
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEPQ9Q2yOos&feature=related

The videos only prove that French has still a strong appeal to the Swedes.

There's no video that group of Swedes sung "God Save the Queen" or "The Star Spangle Banner".

It's very unlikely to see a video where a group of Swedes sing "La Marcha Real" the national anthem of Spain.

Another thing is one of the early models of Swedish made Ericsson mobile phones with SMS capability that when the language is set to French, there were icons that do not appear when it is set to English, Spanish, and even in Swedish.
+_+   Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:14 pm GMT
Well, you are right. The Spanish anthem has no lyrics, only music. So even the Swedes can't sing it unless their mouths can reproduce the sound of pianos, and other music instruments. I see that in that video a chorus composed by Swedish women sing the anthem (if available) of the country that won in a sport competition. If it was Portugal they would sing the anthem of Portugal. It has nothing to do with special filiation for the French language. On the other hand ABBA group sang many more songs in Spanish than in French.
++   Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:21 pm GMT
They made more songs in Spanish it's because they're ater the LAtin American market but they don't really speak Spanish as you believe. They are more likely to speak French.
+_+   Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:24 pm GMT
Apparently they were not interested in the French market. I heard that Agnetta does speak Spanish and also she has a house in Majorca. Frida doesn't. She even doesn't speak English well. Blondes...

Not my kind of music but the female singers are beautiful, specially the brunette one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z76kpS7GFDM
++   Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:30 pm GMT
Apparently they were not interested in the Spanish language, just the Hispanic market.

Here's a video of a Swedish singer who not only sings R&B in French but speak the language fluently. See the video below!

Angelica Matveeva at Öppna Kanalen Stockholm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXzsIMs3XHk
+_+   Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:39 pm GMT
Angelica Matveeva is not Swedish. She is Russian, in fact she speaks Russian in that video in 5:01 . Nobody knows about this obscure singer unlike ABBA which is the most important Swedish trademark alongside IKEA. But yeah, if you are happy only because an anonymous Russian singer sings in French it's ok, that proves French is important in Sweden. ;-)
++   Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:08 pm GMT
You don't speak French so you could not tell if she's speaking French or Russian in that video but I tell she spoke French in that video.

She's now living in Sweden and that's make her a Swede.

"Fernando" and "Chiquitita" were originally sung in English. It has versions not only in Spanish but in French in German too.

While "C'es La Vie" and "Voulez-vous" were originally sung in French.

So much of your hallucination.
+_+   Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:15 pm GMT
That I don't speak French nor Russian does not mean I can't distinguish both languages when spoken. Yeah ,she is living in Sweden but that does not make her Swedish. I'm living in France but I'm not French.

<<While "C'es La Vie" and "Voulez-vous" were originally sung in French. >>

So false. There are no versions of voulez-vous in French on youtube.
++   Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:29 pm GMT
<< That I don't speak French nor Russian does not mean I can't distinguish both languages when spoken. Yeah ,she is living in Sweden but that does not make her Swedish. I'm living in France but I'm not French. >>

She's been living in Sweden for so long that's why she's already Swede.

Your not living in France because you said she spoke Russian in that video not French.

<< On the other hand ABBA group sang many more songs in Spanish than in French. >>

So false. They sang more song in French than in Spanish although most are translated from English unlike in Spanish all were originally in English.
+_+   Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:35 pm GMT
<<Your not living in France because you said she spoke Russian in that video not French.

>>

She speaks Russian in 5:01 . She is Russian, not Swedish.

<<They sang more song in French than in Spanish although most are translated from English unlike in Spanish all were originally in English. >>

I can't find on Youtube ABBA singing voulez-vous in French. Could you provide us any link?.
++   Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:39 pm GMT
<< She speaks Russian in 5:01 . She is Russian, not Swedish. >>

Yes because she was interviewed by a Russian but her introduction before she sang entirely in French was solely in French.

And all I can find lyrics for "Fernando" and Chiquitita" is in English. Can you give me a link that contains their lyrics in Spanish.
+_+   Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:56 pm GMT
<<Yes because she was interviewed by a Russian but her introduction before she sang entirely in French was solely in French. >>

She was interviewed by a Swede but she answered in Russian because she does not speak Swedish and French is less understood in Swede than Russian.

<<And all I can find lyrics for "Fernando" and Chiquitita" is in English. Can you give me a link that contains their lyrics in Spanish. >>

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/abba/chiquititainspanish.html
++   Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:24 am GMT
<< She was interviewed by a Swede but she answered in Russian because she does not speak Swedish and French is less understood in Swede than Russian. >>

But in the intro, she spoke in French among the Swedes since French is understood very well in Sweden. Russian is more understood than Spanish in Sweden.
Franco   Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:53 am GMT
Mirad, un francés está contento porque seres superiores a ellos como unos suecos se tomaron la molestia de cantar su ridículo himno. Qué fácil es hacerles feliz. Sinceramente, a mi no me importaría lo más mínimo .
+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+   Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:13 pm GMT
bene!
+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-+-+_+-