Translation needed...Italian

runCDfirst   Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:20 am GMT
Hello,

Can you help in translating this to Italian:

==========================================
Hi Jamie,

How’s it going?
Just wanted to say hi and wish you a fabulous semester.
Have a good day.

Thanx
Joe
==========================================

thank you very much.
I'll be grateful for any help.
Tiffany   Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:09 am GMT
<<
Hi Jamie,

How’s it going?
Just wanted to say hi and wish you a fabulous semester.
Have a good day.

Thanx
Joe
>>

Ciao Jamie,
Come va? Ti saluto e vorrei che tu abbia un semestre accademico favoloso. Buona giornata.

Grazie,
Joe
Tiffany   Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:11 am GMT
Keep in mind that I am not a native Italian speaker, so you might want to get someone else to look that over if mine is the only response. That is how I would say it though.
runCDfirst   Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:07 pm GMT
hi Tiffany,

thanx for your help I really appreciate that...
Guest   Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:41 pm GMT
Ciao Jamie

Come va?
Volevo solo lasciarti un saluto ed un "in bocca al lupo" per un semestre accademico ricco di soddisfazioni.

Ti auguro una buona giornata.

Grazie,

Joe
runCDfirst   Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:59 pm GMT
thanx guest for your help.
but i couldn't understand what was inside the quotation marks "in bocca al lup" ??

i'm so gratful for your help friends.
Tiffany   Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:32 am GMT
"in bocca al lupo" means good luck, though it literally translates as "in the mouth of the wolf". The reply is "Crepi lupo!" which means to kill the wolf.

Other expressions like this exist in Italian such as "in culo alla balena" = "in the ass of the whale" The reply is "speriamo che non caghi" = "We hope it doesn't shit" but as you can see, this is much more vulgar.
Franco   Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:59 am GMT
Y hoy queremos celebrarlo contigo. Además, puedes celebrar con nosotros trece años de salud! Hola, enhorabuena, por ser nuestro primer cliente del día te damos algo que nunca podrás olvidar! Infórmate, hay muchos premios esperándote! La culpa de Madrid. Un precio increíble. Siempre cerca de ti. Y tu alegría será aún mejor! Sí, así es la vida. De lunes a jueves. Un paso por delante. Sabes que en este país hay muchos jóvenes que tienen problemas? Puedes ayudarlos!
Franco   Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:11 am GMT
Ya se hace de noche, y por eso se hace necesario que no continuemos esta discusión.
Guest   Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:33 am GMT
thanx guest for your help.
but i couldn't understand what was inside the quotation marks "in bocca al lup" ??

i'm so gratful for your help friends.

Prego :)

"in bocca al lupo" (litterally: In the mouth of the wolf) comes from.
To hunt wolves was a very appreciated activity on Appennini mountains. The hunter who killed a wolf (named "luparo") usually went door by door in mountain villages, with the skin of the wolf as a bag, and villains used to fill it with presents, to show their gratitude, being wolves a real threat for their sheep and their lives! So the hunter who killed a wolf was considered a very lucky guy! Please note the answer "crepi!" which means litterally "Let's hope the wolf will die!" (and not you...) pointing out to the difficulty of killing a wolf...

Ciao ;)

Link: [url]http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=82348[/url]
Guest   Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:36 am GMT
Sorry....

"To hunt wolves was a very appreciated activity on Appennini mountains. The hunter who killed a wolf (named "luparo") usually went door by door in mountain villages, with the skin of the wolf as a bag, and villains used to fill it with presents, to show their gratitude, being wolves a real threat for their sheep and their lives! So the hunter who killed a wolf was considered a very lucky guy! Please note the answer "crepi!" which means litterally "Let's hope the wolf will die!" (and not you...) pointing out to the difficulty of killing a wolf..."

Link: http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=82348