Boycott Canada for hunting seal!

Irony   Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:07 pm GMT
I'm against hunting for sport, you could have worked that out for yourself since I mentioned it several times already.

I don't actually recall insulting the canadians and as the O.P. ,which you have such difficulty in reading, points out there are only around 6000 fishermen involved so its hardly an accurate representation of the entire population.

That accusation was most interesting though....

Why would you think I was insulting canadians? Why couldn't i just be defending seals?

If you don't consider an organized national event that is subsidized by the government as hunting for fun then what is it?

I believe I made the point about hunting for sport or food several posts ago, though as you have a reading age of about 5 I guess it must have slipped by you.

The hunters dont hunt for the meat either do they? They let the bodies rot on the ice. Charming.
Kill Seal!!!   Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:09 pm GMT
As long as that stupid nigger monkey is married to Heidi Klum I will support Canada! Go Canada! Hunt and kill him!
PC dumb   Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:20 pm GMT
So according to you there is only black and white, killing animals for food or for fun.Yeah, then killing animals to make experiments with them is not killing for food and as consecuence it is killing for fun. It makes a way lot of sense. Your argument is full of cracks I'm afraid. If you are not against the Canadians why do you say to boycott a whole country just because some Canadians hunt seals ? Another contradiction from a PC zombie. Anyways I don't get what's wrong in hunting for sport. Some species have become a plague like rabbits in Australia, so if one hunts them for sport he is doing a favor to mother nature.
Sarcasm   Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:28 pm GMT
Hunting, no matter if it is for leisure, keeps the human being in contact with Nature, so it is positive. Contrarily to what people fooled by PC may say, sport hunters are more respectful of the environment than those who aren't . Irony must be an urbanite who has never seen a chicken appart from the ones in the supermarket.
Not PC, sensible   Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:40 pm GMT
I'm not too crazy about the seal hunts, or enthusiastic about how ridiculously PC Canada is.

I try to get along with Canadians, though. They do promote languages-slightly.

I prefer that animals be killed humanely and quickly, not this ridiculous clubbing ritual.
Franco   Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:49 pm GMT
I have a hunting license as it's almost the only legal way for the average joe to have a firearm in Spain but I'm not interested in hunting proper, just in having the rifle. With the increasing number of houses that have been assaulted by violent robbers from Eastern Europe one must be prepared to haunt. By the way the name of my lovely rifle is Lucille.
K. for Kenny   Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:06 pm GMT
Well, if you lose your firearm, you can always sing the Old Kenny Rogers song "You picked a fine time to leave me...Lucille."

I didn't understand the song back then (early 80s?), but I understand it now.
haeirumphis   Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:59 pm GMT
Great debate here -- I wonder how long it will go before being shut down?
The Dutch are distasteful   Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:23 pm GMT
Wow! The PC guy got fucking destroyed! Way to go.

Mr. PC guy, what about the Inuits who hunt seals in the North? Why don't you complain about them? Why can they hunt seals but other Canadians can't? It's not like they are so cut off from society these days that they can't get other sources of food.

The sad fact is that if it were Indigenous Inuits (or Muslims) killing the seals these lefties would be completely OK with it, because it's their culture, their way of life. Why is that? Because the Canadians are white and Westernised they are not allowed to have "traditional way of life"?
Irony   Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:44 am GMT
First things first,

as I said in a previous post I am not actually PC, I just don't agree with seal hunting. Thhe two are not the same thing are they?

I don't say anyone should boycott Canada either, that was the O.P.

I did in fact make a distinction betwwen animal experimentation and hunting for sport, another thing you seem to have 'conveniently' missed.

Continuosly calling me a "PC zombie" is inaccurate and childish.

But the biggest confusion is why you are bringing nationality into it.
I don't single out canadians for blame.
I am British but I am still opposed to fox-hunting which is possibly even crueler than seal-hunting.

You have consistently failed to address any of my arguments instead falling back on tired insults and labelling in broad catergories.

Did any of you read the O.P?

Or are you just a bunch of backwards yokels whining about not being allowed to skin living creatures?
Franco   Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:55 pm GMT
Irony, despite you deny that you are P.C. you are influenced by it in some way or another. We all have been re-educated by political correctness to some degree. For example overall tolerance of violence is becoming lower and lower. In Spain tv channels do not broadcast boxing events it is considered politically incorrect. Don't ask me why they do not allow boxing on TVs and not bullfighting though. This not healthy, human being is violent by nature and there is nothing wrong in expressing that violence by hunting. Another option is shooting people in wars, so you decide. If P.C. elites ban all activities that involve some kind of violence people will end up commiting rebellion.
Spain.   Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:36 pm GMT
They should show boxing on tv in spain..!! politically incorrect..? I suppose the way the police beat the ffing daylights out of the people on the streets is classed as being politically correct..? bloody hell, they don't mess about..!!!
Irony   Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:48 pm GMT
Your argument makes no real sense franco.
There is no evidence to suggest that not hunting seals will cause an increase in shooting people in wars.

If you truly believe there is nothing wrong with expressing violence then I assume if you were attacked that you would not consider it wrong.

I take it that Sarcasm also considers assault and murder to be poitive, healthy activities since they keep people in contact with each other.
Franco   Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:16 pm GMT
No, there aren't, it's just my theory, but there are evinces, I think, that if you supress traditional ways of discharging violence we all have inside it will have to go out of us in some way or another. In Spain boxing on tvs is not allowed, bullfighting is next, hunting too, so what else remains? Violent videogames will be banned too by the P.C. Inquisition.
Gunless, in the USA   Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:21 pm GMT
<<This not healthy, human being is violent by nature and there is nothing wrong in expressing that violence by hunting>>

How violent is hunting, in reality. From the tales I've heard from local hunters, it's mostly pretty boring.

For bears, they wait up in trees near some bait on the ground. They sometimes wait for days at a time with their rifles and pepper spray (just in case), before a bear might wander along. When a bear eventually does come along, it's too small to shoot.

For geese and ducks, they wander around swampy area with decoys and whatever, waiting in blinds (or in canoes??), for birds to fly past.

For deer, they need special calls and scent, and have to wander around for days out in the deep woods away from houses, looking for trails (or something). During hunting season, most deer cluster within 600 feet of homes so they can't be shot at.

It seems hunting is mostly boredom. At least this is what hunters tell me. Maybe it's different in Europe -- I suppose you're hunting the ultra-dangerous brown bears (800-1500 lbs) over there in Europe, rather than the black bears (100-600 lbs) that we have around here.