Is it still "correct" to pronounce Dutch with a Fl

Matematik   Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:43 am GMT
The Dutch hard G distracts from what is other wise a fairly nice sounding language, however, Southern Netherlands and Flanders use a soft G, if I used the Flemish G in language that is mainly learnt from a course that deals with Standard Dutch, ie "hard G", would that still be considered correct, or would I be deemed to be mixing dialects or just badly pronouncing the G?

Also, just how do I actually pronounce the Flemish G? Do I simply replace every G I come across with a "h" sound, or is there more to it than this?

It's incredibly difficult to get Dutch to speak to you as it is, so will using a Flemish G just make them think I speak shit Dutch?
.   Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:00 pm GMT
Who cares?
opinion   Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:11 am GMT
<It's incredibly difficult to get Dutch to speak to you as it is, so will using a Flemish G just make them think I speak shit Dutch? >
If you speak American English or Brazilian Portuguese or Quebec French, is it sh... English,Portuguese,French?
.   Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:00 am GMT
<<Southern Netherlands and Flanders use a soft G>>

What do you mean by a "soft G"? g as in girl, or g as in giraffe?
Baldewin   Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:33 pm GMT
More pronounced in front of your mouth. I cannot give equivalents. When I have better access to internet I'll search for examples.
.   Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:57 pm GMT
ahhh, you mean like the "ch" in German 'ich' vs the "ch" in German 'ach'?