Why does Spanish provoke so many passions and hatred?

Spain   Sat May 01, 2010 7:06 pm GMT
lame french glory hunter...the 2nd most learned language in the world is Spanish not french...fuck u
jealous frog   Sat May 01, 2010 7:08 pm GMT
Spain   Mon May 03, 2010 8:35 pm GMT
Spanish has the disadvantage that mexicans etc in the US "speak" it and americans complain about it giving the beautiful language a bad image and its associated with those 3rd worlders from mexico etc putting people against the language
Jorge Lorenzo   Mon May 03, 2010 8:38 pm GMT
Harman   Mon May 03, 2010 8:51 pm GMT
Why does Spanish provoke so many passions and hatred?

Because it is a live language... don't you agree?

Latin does not... it's nearly a dead language
Gringo   Mon May 03, 2010 9:25 pm GMT
Well, unfortunately, I along with many people, when thinking of the terms Hispanic or Spanish, usually associate it with Mexico and Latin America, and I don't really think of Spain, which is now more like some old forgotten grandpa in Europe.
Spaniard   Mon May 03, 2010 9:47 pm GMT
Yes, there are a lot of Mexicans there.

Anyway, Gringo, in my city there are a lot of Europeans (from France, Germany, UK, etc), Chinese and Japanese studying Spanish too.

It is amazing the high level of Spanish of the Japanese girls and boys! It is also funny the pronuntiation of them!

In short, Spanish is becoming not only a "Latin American" language but a World one, spoken by people around the Earth.
Spaniard   Tue May 04, 2010 1:47 am GMT
I am really Guest alias Adolfo/Invitado/Colette/JGreco/Penetra/Red Echelon/Usuario/A more original name, etc. the Hispanic Hallucinator.

I love to savor my own PEANUT BUTTER because it's the best one I've ever tasted.

Here's how I do it!
http://file.stuff.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/checking-in-case.jpg

YUMMY!
Jorge Lorenzo is the man   Tue May 04, 2010 11:46 pm GMT
gringo has to be a beaner in disguise lol belittin Spain n talkin beaners up haha "latin american language" wtf jealous wetback haha Spanish will always be Spain's language so fuck u.
Jorge Lorenzo is the man   Tue May 04, 2010 11:48 pm GMT
belittlin*
Semanario de Filipinas   Thu May 06, 2010 7:12 pm GMT
Countries and territories in which French is widely spoken:

3. Austria
8. Cambodia
10. Canada
18. Egypt
26. Italy
27. Laos
28. Lebanon
30. Libya
39. Romania
40. Rwanda
49. Vanuatu
50. Vietnam
51. Western Sahara

widely? in Western Sahara?
Define widely, please.
Semanario de Filipinas   Thu May 06, 2010 7:54 pm GMT
I think I know.
Widely as one guy speaking French in one side of the Sahara desert and another at the opposite side.
Yup, that's wide ...
Elvira   Thu May 27, 2010 6:10 pm GMT
<<Spanish is popular, but at the same time it lacks substance and class. It is vulgar and populist.>>
When you say a language lacks substance or when you say it is easy or vulgar, it proves you have no idea. I'm Spanish, and English level of people here is very low, in general. And a lot of people tend to think that English is a poor language (I used to), because they just don't know how many words are there, how many expressions, how many different ways of saying the same thing... I know that's not true, but people think it. And it is what you're doing right now, because Spanish is as rich as English. You have words that we do not, and we have words that you do not. But that's how languages work.
There have been and are great writers and poets that prove Spanish as a beautiful language. Of course it's something you cannot see until you are very fluent. I, for example, can't enjoy a sonnet of Shakespeare the same way as you.
To sum up, please don't speak about what you know not, or at least do not criticize it. I'm not saying that because I've felt insulted or something. I would say the same thing to someone who was speaking nonsense about English.
Thank you.
latino   Thu May 27, 2010 6:16 pm GMT
Elvira

!chapeau!

!hay mucho envidioso y mucho miedo a lo latino!

!obrigado / gracias!
Franco   Thu May 27, 2010 6:20 pm GMT
Eres la misma Elvira que ésta?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6aOuHUF2E4