Linguistic survey !

Frank   Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:49 am GMT
Sander thanks a lot. I didnt know this difference between dit and deze. Because you know, I learned dutch all by myself.
Sander   Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:20 pm GMT
Really? Like from books?
Frank   Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:00 pm GMT
No, from internet, and some newspapers, magazines.
Ik zou graag spreken maar geen praktijk.. helaas..
Als ik een kans krijg nederlandse televisie te kijken dan begrijp ik niet allemaal.. sommige mensen praten te snel of met accenten.. maar sommige praten wel duidelijk, min of meer.
Szabo   Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:17 pm GMT
<'deze' , used with objects that are close to
'die' , used with objects that are far away or not present.
'gene,gindse' , used for far away.
'zo'n' , used with objects that are close to

*Neutral words (het) singular*
'dit' , used with objects that are close
'dat' , used with objects that are far away, or not present.
'ginds' , used with objects that are far away
'zo'n' , used with objects that are close >
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

what the hell are these : ginds gehz zozo gh gghh

what an ugly language yak !!!
Sander   Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:27 pm GMT
=> Oh fuck that Dutch language!What an awful language.It's even much worse than German!It has no future among France, Allemagne, Italy <=

A pole writing Germany in French?
The Trolls are getting more and more stupid.

Frank,

That's amazing, I can imagine speaking is difficult ... and that, sadly, is the hardest part of Dutch.
Dieter   Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:12 pm GMT
Sander , I am German and I know many people don't like German. Because is very harsh and guttural, I accept that and I understand! I also know that Dutch is even more guttural and harsh than German is, why don’t you accept that most people you’ll ever meet won’t like your language?

I accept that and it doesn’t bother me! Besides we Germans have to accept an ugly history too !

It’s not your fault that you speak Dutch are you’re Dutch Sander !
Sander   Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:49 pm GMT
Dieter, although I doubt you're really a German.

About what 'ugly history' on our (the Dutch) behalf are you talking?
Dieter   Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:20 pm GMT
<Dieter, although I doubt you're really a German. >

My parents are from Austria and I was born in Tegernsee , Bavaria ! A very beautiful town and lake

What about you Sander ? Are you Flemish ?
Sander   Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:32 pm GMT
I am Dutch,

I'd still like some proof of you being German,please write something in German.

And I'd like to get an answer to this ...

About what 'ugly history' on our (the Dutch) behalf are you talking?
Fredrik from Norway   Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:41 am GMT
I think Dutch is just so cool!

Italian is also beautiful, but it's like sweets: Too much of it makes you sick, because then you just hear an endless flow of sweetness.
Spanish is better, because it's more distinct, more like Dutch...hehe!
Fredrik from Norway   Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:44 am GMT
Sander:
Dieter meant that Germans had to accept an ugly history IN ADDITION to a despised language....
Kabayan   Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:09 am GMT
Sander, Goede Morgen.
According to Indonesian history textbooks, Dutch has always ugly history......but, it's just history..........
Remembering the condition of my country now, I do think we Indonesian should propose The dutch government to colonialise us again.
I have old relatives who speak Dutch. For my ears, Dutch sounds quite beautiful especially in a song I've heard.

(How about my lines ? Do they contain errors ?)
Sander   Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:09 pm GMT
=>Sander, Goede Morgen.
According to Indonesian history textbooks, Dutch has always ugly history......but, it's just history..........
Remembering the condition of my country now, I do think we Indonesian should propose The dutch government to colonialise us again.
I have old relatives who speak Dutch. For my ears, Dutch sounds quite beautiful especially in a song I've heard.

(How about my lines ? Do they contain errors ?) <=

Your Dutch lines (sentence) was perfect, but was it 'morning' in Indonesia when you wrote it? :)
Tiago   Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:14 pm GMT
Italian is the best!...well...almost ;)
Guest   Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:33 pm GMT
I also admire the Dutch language and people. Many towns in my country (particularly in the West) were settled by the Dutch and the Swedes.

Unlike the Swedes who managed to keep some of their culture and languages in an English speaking country. The Dutch have been 'Britishised' through marriage with English speakers and low birthrates. All the towns settled by the Dutch have managed to keep it's Dutch names including their family names. Recent Afrikaaner new comers to the country have caused tension between these two minorities.