What's gone wrong with Antimoon?

Franco   Tue May 25, 2010 1:22 am GMT
<<3. You can walk all the way from the Cape to anywhere in Europe.

>>

Can you cross the Straight of Gibraltar by walking? Wow, you have superpowers. England is connected to France by the Eurotunnel so Muslims from Pakistan can walk all the way from Islamabad to London.

You are an icelandic lazy piece of melt ice. Go and care of your bankrupted country.
Franco   Tue May 25, 2010 1:24 am GMT
strait*
Franco   Tue May 25, 2010 1:26 am GMT
<<And a large part of the lazy Andalusians are actually descendants of Germans, Swiss, Flemish, French and Italians, thanks to a decree by my grandson, Carlos III.

>>

Yes but those German were 4000 people at most. Compare that to millions of North Africans that settled in Andalusia during eight centuries. At least the Inquisition did a nice ethnic cleansing afterwards, but some Muslims had to remain as ethnic cleansings are never perfect.
Mr Clean   Tue May 25, 2010 3:10 am GMT
<<ethnic cleansings are never perfect. >>

Weren't the Tasmanian settlers 100% effective in wiping out the native Tasmanians?
Icelandic Anglophile   Tue May 25, 2010 3:50 pm GMT
<<Can you cross the Straight of Gibraltar by walking? Wow, you have superpowers. England is connected to France by the Eurotunnel so Muslims from Pakistan can walk all the way from Islamabad to London>>

Africa and Israel share a 100 mile land border. You dumb little swarthy hirsute Spanish hooked nosed chimp.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afro-Eurasia
Carlos I de España   Tue May 25, 2010 4:46 pm GMT
<< You dumb little swarthy hirsute Spanish hooked nosed chimp >>

I heartedly agree with all those definitions, except for the Spanish part.
He says he is from Barcelona, like Manuel from Barcelona, and like Manuel, he probably is German or something similar
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Sachs
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manuel_(Fawlty_Towers)
+   Wed May 26, 2010 4:06 am GMT
What's gone wrong with Antimoon?

Too many beaners.
Since the Spics invaded the neighborhood real estate value is plummetting.
greg   Wed May 26, 2010 8:02 pm GMT
Wow : « What's gone wrong with Antimoon? »

Un vrai marronnier — cette question !...

Ce qui manque ici, c'est des gens réellement intéressés par la linguistique — mais il y en a encore quelque uns, fort heureusement.

Je pensais à Kirk, Travis, Lazar et bien d'autres.
Nigel Grimsby   Wed May 26, 2010 9:26 pm GMT
<<Ce qui manque ici, c'est des gens réellement intéressés par la linguistique >>

Maybe you should start posting more ?

(Try to overwhelm Franco, Matematik, Irony, me, etc.)
.   Wed May 26, 2010 10:09 pm GMT
greg was a quality poster
Franco   Wed May 26, 2010 10:17 pm GMT
<<greg was a quality poster>>

I agree but he always wrote in French so I didn't pay much attention to his messages.
.   Wed May 26, 2010 10:49 pm GMT
i thought it would be easier for a fellow romance speaker of el spanisho to try to understand what he's saying. i'm american and even i can get most of the gist of what he means
Franco   Wed May 26, 2010 10:52 pm GMT
<<i thought it would be easier ...>>

Never underestimate simplicity of English.
Nigel Grimsby   Thu May 27, 2010 12:47 am GMT
<<I agree but he always wrote in French so I didn't pay much attention to his messages. >>

I only bother(ed) to read his posts if they are(were) short. The long ones just take too much effort to decyhper, and there are always words that I don't recognize (like "marronnier").

Same with Spanish posts, although the length threshhold might be a little bit longer.
guessed   Thu May 27, 2010 1:00 am GMT
<<Je pensais à Kirk, Travis, Lazar et bien d'autres. >>

Some while go, there was a thread that listed some of the famous Antimoon posters. I think the rthead was shut down, or deleted. Perhaps this is as good a place as any to recreate that list.

Recommendations for the Antimoon Hall of Fame (excluding moderators):

- Sander
- Damian (from Dunedin)
- Travis
- Greg
- Lazar
- Kirk
- Uriel
- Franco
- Pete (from Peru?)
- Mallorqui
- Edward Teach (Irony?)
- Shuimo

I'd also nominate "guest", the greatest and most prolific poster of them all, back in the glory days ("golden age") of Antimoon -- unfortunately I can't in good conscience nominate myself.

- There was a famous poster that studied Freud (and claimed to have a dog named Freud), but I can't remember the name.