What's gone wrong with Antimoon?

greg   Fri May 28, 2010 7:53 pm GMT
Nigel Grimsby : « Maybe you should start posting more ? (Try to overwhelm Franco, Matematik, Irony, me, etc.) »;

C'est sûr. Mais en même temps je ne connais aucune des personnes dont tu parles. Tu pourrais lancer un ***SUJET*** dans un salon ad-hoc. Qui sait ?! Ça pourrait susciter des vocations.

. : « greg was a quality poster ».

Merci ; c'est gentil. Mais je ne suis pas encore six pieds sous terre...

Nigel Grimsby : « I only bother(ed) to read his posts if they are(were) short. The long ones just take too much effort to decyhper, and there are always words that I don't recognize (like "marronnier"). »

Tu sais qu'il existe une fonctionnalité sur gougueule qui permet de traduire français→anglais ? Un indice : Fr <marronnier> signifie An <chestnut tree>. C'est le sens littéral. Le sens figuré de Fr <marronnier> est qqch comme "periodic filler".
PARISIEN   Fri May 28, 2010 8:41 pm GMT
Where is the infamous Mr buttfuck?...j'es pret
ha   Fri May 28, 2010 8:58 pm GMT
so all you have to do to become a legendary poster is just post a lot under the same name, regardless of the quality of your posts, it seems. an example would be franco. i've posted here for a while but i never used the same name twice lol
Franco   Fri May 28, 2010 9:17 pm GMT
You are the "twit" boy, aren't you? I wonder what I wrote that impressed you so much.
semitroll   Fri May 28, 2010 10:33 pm GMT
<<Do people want me to 'cleanse' the forum of all the offensive/troll topics? Would that improve matters? >>

No! Let a bored man enjoy himself! Is that too much to ask?
Elroy   Sat May 29, 2010 12:39 am GMT
Moderation makes forums stale. The main reason Antimoon is interesting is because it is unmoderated. Where else can you discuss real issues, like the collapse of South Africa under black rule, without being banned? On any other forum you'd be deemed an apartheid Nazi for that.
.   Sat May 29, 2010 1:04 am GMT
there are white nationalist website like stormfront that cater to those kinds of..... people i guess you could call them.... but those are completely unopen to other viewpoints, unlike here
Jorjor   Sat May 29, 2010 4:47 am GMT
it's Ridiculous One thread that started out talking about having difficulty understanding accents from certain spanish-speaking countries turned into a heated debate over mexico filtering out mestizos. WTF?
Edward Teach   Sat May 29, 2010 9:35 am GMT
That's the beauty of antimoon.......

You start of making a point about a certain language, next thing someone claims that their language is vastly superior and slowly work your way up until you are demanding the immediate execution of everyone who doesnt think exactly as you do.

My all time faves so far.......

1. Shuimo claiming that not brainwashing people is in fact a form of brainwashing. In other words that brainwashing people and stripping them of their rights is in fact a kindness.

2. Franco claiming that people who dont think that Spanish food is the best in the world are primitives and that every meal should be a work of art.

3.The Butt-fuck guy. A hero of our times.
bubbus   Sat May 29, 2010 12:01 pm GMT
<<Do people want me to 'cleanse' the forum of all the offensive/troll topics? Would that improve matters? >>

I'd suggest only getting rid of:

1) commercial spam (like the occasional posts advertising shoes, etc.)

2) giant posts. like the 'TROLL' one above, especially ones that are so long as to cause browser problems (like we've seen in the past).

3) Posts that will cause trouble for Antimoon -- like death threats, etc. (don't see many of these).
I survived Poughquag   Sat May 29, 2010 12:17 pm GMT
<<so all you have to do to become a legendary poster is just post a lot under the same name, regardless of the quality of your posts, it seems. an example would be franco. i've posted here for a while but i never used the same name twice lol >>

More or less. I've avoided legendary status by using manyh names. I wish I could dream up enough good names to avoid reusing any, but I'm too lazy.

For example, My first post after passing through Poughquag, NY is usually from "I survived Poughquag". If I post from the Catsklills, I'll just use something like "Semibovinian", "almost in Bovina", "Bovina bound", "Pepactonius", or "Marcellus minimus".
Franco   Sat May 29, 2010 8:59 pm GMT
Why should we be moderated ? We are extremely polite in comparison with other sites !
Anti PC   Sat May 29, 2010 9:01 pm GMT
Yeah, no moderation, to let son of bitches like you to shit in this forum.
San-g-real   Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:50 pm GMT
I am so tired of people just repeating all sorts of commonly held beliefs. Don't they have anything original to say?
Irony   Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:34 am GMT
Why dont you tell us one of yours?