If you had a button that could get rid of all religion.

Ref   Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:37 pm GMT
Would you push it?
Lena Meyer-Landrut   Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:41 pm GMT
I would definitely. I'd miss Wuodan, though.
Matematik   Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:56 pm GMT
If there was a button that would get rid of Islam, I'd press it. I suspect you're some left-wing Atheist who only hates Christianity.
Franco   Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:57 pm GMT
that's impossible. Believing in religions is deep in our DNA, even atheists must believe in something despite they will tell you they don't.
Leasnam   Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:07 pm GMT
If you ha da button that would get rid of eyen, or teeth, or laughter, would you push it?

Religion is an expression of being human. It shouts "We're HUMAN!". Therefore, it should be embraced as any of our qualities should be, whether they are regarded as good, or bad.
olek   Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:10 pm GMT
It shouts "We're FREAKS!"
+   Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:10 pm GMT
Islam and Judaism shout "We are NOT human"

Tell me ASAP where the selector is and let me press the button.
Ref   Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:46 pm GMT
<<Believing in religions is deep in our DNA, even atheists must believe in something despite they will tell you they don't.>>

You can believe in things without religion. One can believe there is a god without religon.
Franco   Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:48 pm GMT
<<You can believe in things without religion. One can believe there is a god without religon.

>>

That is religion too. Christianism is an organised religion, but not all religions are organised.
Maid Lee   Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:51 pm GMT
Getting worked up about "religion" is fine when you're in college. It's the kind of thing college kids do. After that, you'll probably have something better to do with your time.
Ref   Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:52 pm GMT
Okay, well, by religion, I am referring to organized religion.

I don't think belief in god is religion, any more than the belief in extraterrestrials or belief that it was an asteroid impact that caused the extinction of the dinosaurs.
Leasnam   Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:02 pm GMT
<<Islam and Judaism shout "We are NOT human" >>

How so?

<<You can believe in things without religion. One can believe there is a god without religon. >>

But that's just what religion is. Religion has nothing to do with God. Religion is man-made by man, for man. If you pushed a button to remove it, guess what, human beings would just made new ones. Out of something else. Probably the internet.
Franco   Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:09 pm GMT
<<Okay, well, by religion, I am referring to organized religion.

>>

Eventually worshippers of same or similar stupidities would put in contact with each other through the internet and would create an organised religion.
There have been attemps to erradicate religions and create societies without religion before like USSR and they all failed.