4-nila
5-at
6-hot
7-sat
8-n'ololov
9-ontolov
10-lov

What language is this?

This is Khanty, a (Finno-)Ugric language spoken by 3000 people east of Ural mountains.

Finnish: yksi, kaksi, kolme, neljä, viisi, kuusi, seitsemän, kahdeksan, yhdeksän, kymmenen
Joe   Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:41 pm GMT
I know you are asking from one to ten, but I always had ask my self why in French this numbers are so wird, :

seventy = sixty-ten = Soixante-dix

eighty = four twenty = Quatre-vingts

ninety = four twenty ten = Quatre-vings-dix
98   Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:06 pm GMT
yu, yuio, yuiop, iuop = one
ert, erte, ertyu, ertuiio = two
rewq, rwert, tyui = three
poiu, poij, poik, = four
iop= five
klop= six
kjuio= seven
poiuty = eight
nuiy= nine
yuio, tyui, uyio, werty =ten
reason   Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:23 am GMT
The strange construction of those French numbers from seventy and above may be a result of Celtic/Gaulish influence. Other types of French in Wallonia and Switzerland preserved septante, octante/huitante, and nonante, but its still rare I think.
suomalainen   Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:16 am GMT
akva
2-kityg
3-hurum
4-nila
5-at
6-hot
7-sat
8-n'ololov
9-ontolov
10-lov

I´m sorry: the language is not Khanty but Mansi (they are close relatives and make up the Ob-Ugric branch of Finno-Ugric languages; Ob is a big river in Western Sibir).
minstrel   Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:03 pm GMT
minstrel Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:58 pm GMT
Korean numerals looks like Mansi numeral.

Who are you? Is western minstrel or northern minstrel?
flurry   Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:41 pm GMT
1 jeden
2 dva
3 tri
4 štyri
5 päť
6 šesť
7 sedem
8 osem
9 deväť
10 desať
Leasnam   Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:06 am GMT
<<The strange construction of those French numbers from seventy and above may be a result of Celtic/Gaulish influence. Other types of French in Wallonia and Switzerland preserved septante, octante/huitante, and nonante, but its still rare I think. >>

Fact is, the French system of counting by twenties is Nordic in origin, appearing first in modern times in Normandy and then spreading south. Norman influence also bequeathed our English system of counting by scores, or twenties.

The Gaulish system of counting by twenties was forquenched centuries before, along with the Gaulish language. It did not survive long enough to affect Modern French, as evidenced by its complete absence in the main part of France before the Nordic version moved in.

There are theories that the wone of counting by twenties first began with the Basques and was transferred to the Celts, then to the Danes. No one knows for wiss, but it is speculation. What we do know for sure is that the immediate source for the vigesimal system in French is Scandinavian.
minstrel   Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:25 pm GMT
>> minstrel Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:58 pm GMT
>> Korean numerals looks like Mansi numeral.
Mansi / Korean
1-akva / hana
2-kityg / tul
3-hurum / set
4-nila / net
5-at / tasot
6-hot / yosot
7-sat / ilgop
8-n'ololov / yodol
9-ontolov / ahop
10-lov / yol

>> Even other words looks similar to Magyar ones
English - Magyar / Korean
I - mun / nan
you - tun / tangsin
who - ke / -kka (interrogative particle)
what - mi / muot

>> Koreans are therefore descendants of the Gar-Dena tribe and Indo-Europeans too!

Korean are not the descendant language of Gar-Dena. The language of ancient Gar-Dena have more than three layers in it, Indo-European layer is just one of them.
.   Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:10 pm GMT
"Korean are not the descendant language of Gar-Dena. The language of ancient Gar-Dena have more than three layers in it, Indo-European layer is just one of them. " - Okay, William Hung. Settle down.
Franco   Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:23 pm GMT
Vigesimal counting systems make people who use them like the French look backward. It's like if they also used their toes to count.
Czech   Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:44 pm GMT
1 - jedno
2 - dva
3- tři
4- čtyři
5- pět
6- šest
7- sedm
8- osm
9- devět
10- deset
Roman   Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:53 pm GMT