The Dutch

Cherrie   Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:57 pm GMT
The Dutch!!

Funny how Holland is changing...lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgZ7_34_Y00
^^   Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:14 pm GMT
What a shithole that country has become!
San-g-real   Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:14 pm GMT
The culprit: VOC aka Vereenigde Oost-Indische Compagnie.

They got rich by entangling the Netherlands with colonial people.
^^   Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:33 pm GMT
Not completely true, I can't remember Morocco/ Turkey being Dutch colonies, yet they make out the majority of foreigners in the Netherlands.

So blame yourself, not the VOC.
Baldewin   Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:36 pm GMT
To switch topic: people always make the mistake to see the Dutch as suck-ups to Americans. In reality, the Dutch respect their own language and are going through a reveil of their culture.
In Flanders however, they already think their future language will be American English and are genuinely convinced people in the Anglosphere genuinely respect them. Haha!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcwr9s1Wce4

Tom Dice, the Anglophone Fleming. He even pays in bucks!
K de Wever   Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:56 pm GMT
Why not you worry about that Francophone Flemings stuck over the artificial border in France. At least Anglophone Flemings bring money into Flanders. I would rather be a Anglophone Fleming then assimilated into a benefit scrounging Walloon any day of the working week.
Baldewin   Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:58 pm GMT
English brings money. Of I were to choose at gunpoint to become Anglophonic or Francophonic I would choose the first, obviously. No offense to the French, but I like hard-working efficiency.
Matematik   Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:08 pm GMT
To be honest the Dutch aren't that left-wing anymore. Contary to popular belief, the right-wing has massive support, the PVV won 23 seats, similar parties in most European countries don't win any seats. Also, compared to most Western European countries, the Church in the Netherlands still plays a rather big role in many communities, and Church attendence is one of the highest in W Europe. Admittedly, 10% isn't that high, but it beats the British 1% and the French 2%.

Since about the 2000s the Dutch have been getting progressively more right-wing, many of the so-called "coffeeshops" are beginning to get closed down, some municipalities are even banning them out-right.

Most people judge the Dutch on Amsterdam, and to do this you'd be very wrong indeed. It's like judging the US on New York, prehaps on an even bigger scale. The greater Dutch society is the opposite of Amsterdam.
^^   Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:21 pm GMT
The Netherlands is NEVER going to win the Eurovision.... lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzRHqOSg--s&feature=related
Canal   Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:10 am GMT
"Of I were to choose at gunpoint to become Anglophonic or Francophonic I would choose the first, obviously. No offense to the French, but I like hard-working efficiency."

- "English", "hard working" and "efficiency" are words that don't fit well together.

How come England and USA are unable to manufacture and export anything valuable other than banknotes, debts and junk bonds?
How come those lazy fucks have the most atrocious foreign trade deficit worldwide?

British hard working ethic died out in the late 19th century. American efficiency is a memory from the 20's.
Hairewin   Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:42 am GMT
French brings prosperity, harmony, and civilization. Of I were to choose at gunpoint to become Francophonic, Anglophonic, Hispanophonic I would choose the first, obviously. No offense to the British and Spaniards, but I like hard-working efficiency.

Hispanophonic brings laziness, indolence and corruption.

Anglophonic, yes they bring money but not without return or payback for the goodwill that they did. In the end they gonna grab the lad of the locals, extract the resources of country and iwhen it's depleted it's "goodbye good riddance".
.   Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:34 am GMT
aldo   Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:24 pm GMT
<<French brings prosperity, harmony, and civilization.>> Some French bring chauvinism.
Franco   Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:24 pm GMT
<<French brings prosperity, harmony, and civilization.>>

Tell that to the Rwandans.
PARISIEN   Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:41 pm GMT
>> Tell that to the Rwandans. <<

-- Rwanda's Anglophone dictatorship brought mass murders, economic ruin and a culture collapse. Those fucks wanted to substitute English to French and as a result, all teachers and professors have fled from the country, all schools are now idle in that unfortunate African shithole!