Is Italian an important language these days?

Full   Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:54 am GMT
Culture language: Italian
Fashion language: italian
Economic language: Italian cuz portoguese world is starving
CHINESE   Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:07 am GMT
Full & CarloS

Your personal opinions are completely poles apart. Which is correct then?
Chinese   Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:55 am GMT
jonathan   Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:13 am GMT
>With most political power: Portuguese (Although, neither of them are languages of the UN.)

But Italy is in the Group of Eight (G8), with USA, Russia, UK, France, Germany, Canada and Japan.
Full   Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:55 pm GMT
By the way italy's gdp is 7th not 8th, italy is 5 of the g8, let me see, portugal? No sorry.
*CarloS*   Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:18 pm GMT
>>>Culture language: Italian<<<
IS THIS A FACT OR AN OPINION?

>>>Fashion language: italian<<<
Maybe, but Sao Paulo is the fashion capital of Latin America...

>>>Economic language: Italian cuz portoguese world is starving<<<
What I was trying to say is that although lusophone countries are not as developed Italy, they have more inhabitants. So you have a bunch of "poor" lusophones and few "wealthy" Italians that sum up the same amount of money. And, if you guys didn't know... Brazil has billionaires just like Italy...

>>>With most political power: Portuguese (Although, neither of them are languages of the UN.)<<<

But Italy is in the Group of Eight (G8), with USA, Russia, UK, France, Germany, Canada and Japan.<<<
You have a point. Any more organizations?...

>>>By the way italy's gdp is 7th not 8th, italy is 5 of the g8, let me see, portugal? No sorry.<<<
Read my third argument...
Full   Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:51 pm GMT
The wealth isn't measoured with the number of billionaries, rather instead by the number of people wich can get a medium\high life conditions, and in this case italy is by far more upgraded than the protuguese world, i'm not saying that portuguese speaking world sucks, i rather find a grat civilitation but we atre talking opnly about numbers, language of culture, well let me see each of them have got litterate men that influenced the world litterature so i can say that are both important at the same level.
*CarloS*   Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:01 pm GMT
Economic "wealth" is determined by many factors.

The one you mentioned is what we call (in Spanish) "Ingreso per Capita"*. This indicator tells us how much in average does every citizen earn.

However, this sole indicator does measure the economic power of a country.

And I mentioned the "billionaire thing" because many posts are treating lusophones as very poor people. Is this a stereotype or ignorance?

* Also known as "PIB per Capita".
Full   Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:19 pm GMT
I had no intention on offending the ''lusitana civilitias'' was only trying to put statisticn in the things, regards.
Tony   Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:08 am GMT
@ - *CarloS*

Why are you sticking up for Brazil? The majority of Brazilians think that other Latin American countries like Colombia and Peru are poor and insignificant and full of "indians" which I think is meant in a derogatory way.
@you   Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:40 am GMT
"Economic language: Italian cuz portoguese world is starving"

But full of thousandas of Italians living in Brazil many moved after the war and still live there with their grand children. Shame there is not an Italian world to talk about, Italians immigrated to countries that do not speak Italian.
*CarloS*   Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:19 am GMT
>>>Tony Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:08 am GMT
@ - *CarloS*

Why are you sticking up for Brazil? The majority of Brazilians think that other Latin American countries like Colombia and Peru are poor and insignificant and full of "indians" which I think is meant in a derogatory way.<<<

THIS POST SHOULD BE DELETED. WHAT "TONY" SAID IS NOT TRUE AT ALL, TROLL.
CHINESE   Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:58 am GMT
Let's abandon all the prejudice!
Tony   Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:15 pm GMT
@ - *CarloS*

<<THIS POST SHOULD BE DELETED. WHAT "TONY" SAID IS NOT TRUE AT ALL, TROLL.>>

You don't believe me? Fine, so you want proof. This is what a Brazilian wrote in Orkut, a board that is dominated by Brazilians. And he's not the only Brazilian to express such sentiments.

http://www.orkut.com/CommMsgs.aspx?cmm=55202&tid=2445724270083309583&na=2&nst=39

>>>>>Americans do think about brazil (the ones that THINK, that excludes you, I´m afraid), and in general, Brazil isn´t this insignificant country people like to think it is...
It is the major country of south america, the leader of mercosul, and the greatest ally of the usa in south america as well.
I know I´m not brazilian (note: this guy thinks he's English because he left Brazil to live in England), and it´s none of my business, but try not to mistake brazil for an insignificant thing like uruguay or peru.

You might not think about brazil at all, since you´re this busy busy fella, but to think you represent your country in any way is utter arrogance.

And mate, this is orkut, 80% is brazilian, of bloody course people here think about brazil.<<<<<

If you wish to view the forum you have to be invited to become a member. The administrator of this forum send invitations to anyone that is interested http://www.brazzilforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=1609

>>>>Send your name (real of fictitious) and email (real if want to receive any invitation) to

brazzil@brazzil.com

and we will email you an invitation to Orkut. If you don't get anything in 24 hs, try again. Unknown mail might be confused with spam.

Abrazzos

Team Brazzil<<<
*CarloS*   Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:57 am GMT
I don't want to see your forum. Just because one or two Brazilians share some sick opinion doesn't mean that it is a GENERAL OPINION. NOPE, I KNOW MANY MANY BRAZILIANS TO KNOW MORE THINGS ABOUT BRAZIL THAN WHAT YOU'LL FIND ON THE INTERNET.