Romanian a MADE up language

Piotr   Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:19 pm GMT
<=Aldo thanks for that but tell me how could italian portuguese and spanish inherit "os" and "om" endings from archaic latin when during the late empire everyone in the roman empire spoke either vulgar or classical latin? =>

Well, I think that only Aldo inherited them from Archaic Latin, I’ve never heard such a ridicoulos idea , Romance languages deriving from Archaic latin. ???? Is that what you learn in Latin America Aldo, or shal I say tercer mundo ? lol
Sorin   Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:25 pm GMT
Of course all Romance languages derived from Vulgar Latin. Romanian is however closer to Classical Latin not because Romanian derived from it, but because the Vulgar Latin from the 1st century inherited some classicisms, that were transmuted into Romanian via Vulgar Latin. The western branch of Romance was continuously influenced by Vulgar Latin, Late Vulgar Latin, Medieval and ecclesiastical Latin, and many Archaisms and Classicisms were washed away.

Also the “O” ending in some Western Romance languages was added by Late Vulgar Latin, that has nothing to do with Archaic Latin.

Example” The “O” endings added to Robert+O and Albert+O (Germanic names) are purely am euphonic ad-on to make this names sound “cool” And it has nothing to do with Archaic Latin “OI” diphthong.
greg   Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:41 pm GMT
Sorin : « Romanian is however closer to Classical Latin not because Romanian derived from it, but because the Vulgar Latin from the 1st century inherited some classicisms, that were transmuted into Romanian via Vulgar Latin. The western branch of Romance was continuously influenced by Vulgar Latin, Late Vulgar Latin, Medieval and ecclesiastical Latin, and many Archaisms and Classicisms were washed away. »

Te serait-il possible de fournir des exemples probants ?
Sorin   Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:55 pm GMT
Te serait-il possible de fournir des exemples probants ?

Yes greg, the grammar of Romanian, was inherited from Cl.Latin via Vulgar Latin. I can’t really write a thesis here or candidate for an academic degree, and even if I do, it’s not the place…considering the “latino trolls” spamming and boycotting non-stop. You’re an intelligent person, I am sure if you have the linguistic interest, you can reveal it yourself. The end of the day… you’re an autodidactic.
Jr   Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:19 pm GMT
Sorin, ever heard of E-mail or via messenger? I suppose you just rather not do it or proved it. Because, greg would "tell you straight" (how it is)
S.P.Q.R   Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:41 pm GMT
To octavian:
Eu inteleg limba romana.
Secondly, read some books i've cited they got enough examples.
Sorin:
Discrediting linguists that do not approve your ideas isn't very constructive.
Aldo:
Om\os, archaic latin was very close to spoken klatin, in faxct till the 200bc when plautus and terentious wrote their comedies there wasn't so much difference in written and spoken latin, om os can be both inehrited and developed form um \us as they are equally pronounced
Octavian   Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:54 am GMT
guest. "ceau" is not only found in Romanian and Italian. It is a universal European greeting.

WEAK MINDED people who just don't know or don't care to know these days.
augustin717   Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:11 am GMT
I have never used this greeting which I've always felt to be alien to our ethos.
"Dumnezo v-alduiasca" was more widely used back at home, more traditional and more dignified, certainly.
Octavian   Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:36 am GMT
"Ceau" is widely used on the western part of romania or atleast in Timisoara "Ceau" is both used to welcome and to to say bye. In Oltenia or the southern part they use a combination of ceau "hi" and "pa" "bye". In western Romania they also say "Servus" taken directly from Classical Latin though imported from Hungarian meaning "to serve". This greeting "servus" is more formal than "ceau". Also "la revedere" litterally meaning "see you at another time" is used as a formal way of saying goodbye. "Salut" is also widely used. "Sarut-mana" litterally meaning "kiss hand" is used when greeting the elderly.

Augustin, nici o data am auzit "dumnezeu v-alduisca" din ce parte se foloseste?
greg   Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:54 am GMT
Sorin : c'est dommage que tu ne puisses étayer tes dires. Ça leur ôte tout crédit.
augustin717   Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:56 am GMT
Pe Crisuri se foloseste-N jud.Arad si Bihor.
Jr   Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:14 am GMT
Endings
-os and -om (old latin)
-us and -um (classical latin)

Diphthongs
oi and ei (old latin)
ū or oe, and ī (classical latin)

The OS\OM Um\OS and finally OS in spanish and italain can be explained with lost of the tonal accent system , this led to round U into O, It is not false however sayng that could have been inehrited from Archaic latin, in fact OS Om correpsond perfectly to US Um, in fact till the 200bc you would hear Os pronounced as Us. The romans then changed their way of writing it, so OI= OE
OM= UM
OS= US
AI= AE
EI= AI
S.P.Q.R   Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:20 am GMT
Thanks Jr, that was what i've tried to say
Jr   Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:26 am GMT
S.P.Q.R

Sorry, but I forgot to reference this from you.

Me excusate, amicus
S.P.Q.R   Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:00 pm GMT
Vale! You re welcome