rock/bogus/zirc/beard???

Lazarakis   Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:53 am GMT
From a conversation between two guys about a girl one of them was interested in while that other one regarded his friend a man beast. The one who got interested / horny said:

"I'm telling you, the rock is bogus. Fucking Zirc. Beard, beard, beard."

What are all those fragments meaning? What did he mean by "the rock is bogus"? What is "Zirc"? And...triple beard?
Uriel   Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:12 am GMT
"Rock" is a slang term for a diamond. As in "Look at the three-carat rock on her finger.

"Bogus" means fake. The "diamond" is fake -- a "fucking zirc" -- short for cubic zirconia, a cheap semi-precious gemstone that resembles diamond, but is far less valuable.

The beard thing is a mystery to me. Sure you heard that right?
Guest   Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:35 am GMT
Perhaps the girl in question was engaged to someone of dubious sexual orientation and the fact that she was wearing a cubic zirconia engagement ring was somehow "proof" that she was simply his beard. ? You know sort of like TomKat (aka Tom & Katie) ;-)
Lazarakis   Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:49 am GMT
I also found those from the internet:

The crowd began to chant for me: "old guy, old guy, old guy!" Fantastic stuff...As I leaped around like I had just connected on an exquisite pass for the game winning goal the crowd got a better look at me and changed their chant from "old guy" to "beard, beard, beard, beard, beard." Even better.

And also this:

TOM CRUISE AND KATIE HOLMES - Ewwwww!! BEARD BEARD BEARD BEARD BEARD!! Isn't there some kind of law? There should be.

And more:

I will never forget watching a professional figure skating competition of TV a few years ago. Kurt Browning has just gotten married (who knew) and he was explaining what a particular jump was to his wife. Don't you think a REAL wife would have known all of that when he's her bf, fiance and then husband? Beard, beard, beard.

It seems "Beard, beard, beard." is some kind of exclamation?? And can be of an approving tone as well as disapproving tone?
Uriel   Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:24 am GMT
Never heard of it before, but I'll take your word for it.

(Thank god once you're over 30, you don't have to keep up with slang!)