Importance of being an effective communicator

Ysabella   Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:21 am GMT
Hello All,

A lot of articles has been written and blogged about how important it is to become proficient in a language, specifically the English language and so many materials and resources are within easy access whether through the internet or from a bookstore or a library. Cutting the chase, it really boils down on the point where practical use should be constantly applied. Training people for communications development does not necessarily translate that these people are effective communicator, merely being able only to express their thoughts and interact with another person other than their own. The explosion of internet has made the world become more homogenous where the key language player is English that even to the extent some groups are exploiting to the fullest.

I would like to apologize if some might take offense and some might think that I am a pompous Miss-know-it-all, it comes within my territory I guess.

Have a good day!
Ben   Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:49 pm GMT
Hey! Just a few minor adjustments/corrections just to make it flow better etc :

"Hello All,

A lot of articles have been written and blogged about how important it is to become proficient in a language, specifically the English language and how many materials and resources are within easy access, whether through the internet or from a bookstore or a library. Cutting to the chase, it really boils down to the point that practical use should be constantly applied. Training people for communications development does not necessarily mean that these people are effective communicator, merely being able only to express their thoughts and interact with another person other than their own. The explosion of the internet has made the world become more homogenous where the key language player is English to the extent where some groups are exploiting this to the fullest.

I would like to apologize if some might take offense and some might think that I am a pompous Miss-know-it-all. It comes with my territory I guess."

Hope that helps :) Keep up with the learning, your English is very good.

Ben.
Ben   Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:55 pm GMT
Sorry if you didn't want that done, I just assumed that was why you posted. If not, then just ignore ;) . If you're looking for a debate on this, I think you're more likely to get results on this if you post in the 'languages section'.

PS: Thinking about it, I wouldn't put in the 'become' in this sentence -

The explosion of the internet has made the world become more homogenous where the key language player is English to the extent where some groups are exploiting this to the fullest.

Ben.
Ysabella   Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:36 am GMT
Hi Ben!

Thank you very much for making the effort! Really appreciate it, sometimes when my thoughts are flying, my fingers are trying to keep up with it as fast as it could, and since I am not the most patient person on earth (I think :-p ) I review what I have written but still ask someone to review it for me because my mind thinks that it's ok and it dictates my eyes that it looks fine and then it tells my brains that everything's good to go. Still with me so far?

Anyway, bottom line is...I like to write and I appreciate also the review. Thank you so very much!!

A good day to you!