**NEED HELP WITH WRITING ESSAY**

Kim - cocotte_powah@hotma   Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:15 pm GMT
Hi,
I need to write a 7 page essay *gasp* on :
''What Is Childhood? To answer this question, look at tone or more of the following works : Anne of Green Gabes, the Adventures of Tom Sawyer, The Maestro, Coraline.''
Any help on what to write, what points to make, etc would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you very mcuh!!!
Uriel   Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:37 am GMT
I would suggest reading the books. You won't learn much if you have strangers on the internet do your homework for you.
Lauren   Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:54 am GMT
I agree completely Uriel. Kim, give it a try. Perservere through the work and I'm sure you'll be satisfied with the end result.
Mari   Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:58 pm GMT
Hey Kim. I have to agree with Uriel. It wouldn't hurt at all to read the books but, it would also help a lot if you have any special memories or remembered delights from your own childhood. Comparing that to the quite different lifestyle of Tom Sawyer would immediately show some similarities that define childhood. The differences, (almost whatever you can't really relate to Sawyer) is not completely useless either. I think the definition of childhood is what YOU think has stayed the same and what has changed.
GOOD LUCK!!!
Guest   Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:42 pm GMT
"Anne of Green Gabes, the Adventures of Tom Sawyer, The Maestro, Coraline.''
You want her to read all those books and then write an essay. The essay could be due next week so you haven't been much help. If I could help I would.
Uriel   Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:20 am GMT
Teachers who assign homework generally give their students plenty of time to get it done. They wouldn't list five or six reference novels and then have the essay due the next week.
Guest   Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:00 pm GMT
"They wouldn't list five or six reference novels and then have the essay due the next week."
You obviously never went to my boarding school. Obviously not. Some very mean teachers. Thanks for bringing up some bad memories.
Mari   Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:29 pm GMT
Well then your school must have been more of a living hell than any I've been to. I think that the classics that Kim needs to base her essay on are well-known pieces of literature that would be sold in many versions of Cliffnotes. (AAAND cliffnotes [as an example] can give you the summary of the entire novel, plus responses, AAAND it can all be read in the frame of half an hour at most.)

Kim, if you do plan to use a form of NOTES to help you with your essay don't try to copy everything the NOTES say---make YOUR essay truly YOURS. USE those notes don't copy em'.
LEon   Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:33 pm GMT
I agree with Kim mann!!
if he?she whatever u are needs help and doesn't understand help her/him cuz she/he needs help from you.
it's like you don't understand some work and nobody helps you thats not fair man be cool ;).
Jeff   Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:16 am GMT
I need to write a 5 paragraph essay explaining how Caraline fits or does not fit the description of "epic tale/adventure."
IM SWEET YO!   Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:52 am GMT
I need to write a 7 page essay on child labor!! anyone wanna help!!
Jim C, York   Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:46 am GMT
I like the fact that Uriel and Lauren took the high ground on not helping, Then Brennus left an essay! haha. I would say "To Kill a Mockingbird" is a fantastic play to read Kim. Or watch the film with Gregory Peck because it sticks pretty much to the original script. This play also has a great Cliffnotes (got me through my GCSE exam!).

As for child labour, get your hands on some Dickens for a start, Oliver Twist is the most obvious, whilst not such a great source for accuracy, it does show the changing views of the middle class at this time. Try get a cross section of different times and cultures in your essay, and finish off with modern day examples of child labour, Google Saipan for a start, Also there was a documentry on telly over here about children being sent to live with relatives here in Britain and being used as basicly slave labour. Childcare, cooking, cleaning from 4 in the morning till 1 in the morning, I tried looking for a link for you, no luck. But give it a go.
shera   Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:53 am GMT
i want a essay on this topic
child labour
Jordan   Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:58 pm GMT
I need help writing a 3-5 minute script about tom sawter with out tell the ending
OK   Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:10 am GMT