A question to CHINESE

Viri Amaoro   Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:59 am GMT
Hello, Chinese, can you give me your opinion on this?

I know China as a nascent space program and that your country intends to go one day to the Moon.
What will hapen the day the chinese nation builds a base on the Moon? That base is chinese territory? If so, I presume chinese will be the official language.
Can your country claim pieces of Moon territory? What language should people learn if they go to the Moon or indeed other planets?

For short, what will be a future and hipothetical role for language in space? One, several, English?...
CHINESE   Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:37 am GMT
Viri Amaoro

Unintelligibly, I was to a certian extent, very wondering Why you hit upon such a strange tale, and actually Never have I been concerned much about what was happening in spaceflight domain, therefore, I'm afraid that I would be probably unable to give your a satisfying reply, Sorry!

And on the other hand, I will have to mention of some irresponsible negative preconception to China and Chinese. So far, there're still a large number of European people consider China an awfully feeble country, just as how it looked like 100 years ago, as the case stands, some large International Cities of China, in recent years, are really Not inferior to some famous cities, such as Tokyo, Seoul, New York, Paris and Milan.

As much as I know, European people all like to travel around throughout the world, by any possibility if you have good opportunities, do please come to China and spend your holidays on sightseeing and finding out the high-speed developing Powerful China, it'll certainly give you a brand new impression if you can visit ShangHai, BeiJing, ShenZhen, and etc......

China is absolutely much too large and much too wide, and if Not to mention of the poor west China, China will be much more Stronger... ....
CHINESE   Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:21 am GMT
And by the way, I want to reiterate that TaiWan is a big province of China, just like HongKong and MaCao, will be back to China one day.
Somenoe   Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:45 pm GMT
Sorry for my ignorance chinese, but beijing is the same city as pechino?
And wich is the capital of chine and what is the distinction between the people republic of china and the republic of china?
CHINESE   Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:20 am GMT
Somenoe

Yes, Beijing is namely Pechino (Italiano?) and Beijing is also the only capital of People's Republic of China, the center of Politics and Culture.

There's only ONE China in the world, it's People's Republic of China, there's NO any else China, and the contraction is written by P.R.China.

China totally includes 4 parts of domain, as follows:

1, China Mainland (main biggest part)
2, HongKong (belongs to China)
3, MaCao (belongs to China)
4, TaiWan (will belongs to China one day)

if you have any questions, please contact me again.
Geoff_One   Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:02 am GMT
<< China totally includes 4 parts of domain, as follows:

1, China Mainland (main biggest part)
2, HongKong (belongs to China)
3, MaCao (belongs to China)
4, TaiWan (will belongs to China one day)

if you have any questions, please contact me again. >>

What about this list?

1. Sub-Continental China
2. Tawian
3. Hainan
4. Many other Islands

(The question is a rhetorical question.)

Also, what about various islands in the South China Sea.
(These are in addition to Hainan.) Some years ago China was
engaged in a number of sovereignty disputes, concerning many of these islands, with countries such as Vietnam, the Philippines et al. I am not sure how many disputes there were and how many have been resolved

In addition, and I could be wrong here , but doesn't
China have a base on the Antarctic Continent?
CHINESE   Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:22 am GMT
Geoff_One

Would you please not to speak like a book?

I Paid less attention to word-splitting and verbalism.

What we said is almost the same, not ambivalent.
Someone   Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:09 am GMT
Hi again chinese, thanks for your reply. Could you please answer to me these questions?
How much is distant the officila chines (Mandarin) To the ancient chinese?
For the example the chinese written by sun tzhou in the art of war?
CHINESE   Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:34 am GMT
Someone

You're welcome! Certainly I can answer your questions.

Mandarin Chinese (Modern Official Chinese) is much too different from the Ancient Chinese, and since 100 years ago Nobody has spoken Ancient Chinese any more, it's only taught in Ancient Chinese class as a subject in schools. And Ancient Chinese is of NO help for foreigner to learn it.

But in Cantonese, Minnanese, Wunese, Hakka, there're still so much components of Ancient Chinese, these dialects are more or less infected with Ancient Chinese, and some words still remain Ancient trails apparently.

And I don't know "by sun tzhou in the art of war?", what's this?

let's keep in touch anytime!
Someone   Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:42 am GMT
Sorry, i can't spell properly, i mean the ancent chinese philosopher.
The one who wrote the art of war, Sun Tzu.
These dialects are much complex than standard chinese?
And how a chinese can understand different omophones word if:
Ma: Can mean in chinese scold, horse,mother and hemp?
How a chinese or a better a foreign speaker will understand the meaning?
Thanks in advance!
CHINESE   Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:04 pm GMT
Someone

You mean the military science written by Sun Zi?

Yes, Ancient Chinese is NOT a dialect, but the Standard Chinese which was spoken and written by Ancient Chinese People.

And Chinese can certainly distinguish the 4 kinds of tunes of Mandarin.

Ma 1: 妈 (mom)
Ma 2: 麻 (hemp)
Ma 3: 马 (horse)
Ma 4: 骂 (abuse with dirty words)

You must often practice your audition with Chinese people.
Someone   Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:49 pm GMT
Yes i think it is named sun zi and the work bingfan.
So these ma are written differently and pronounced with different pitchs?
Thanks in advanced
CHINESE   Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:24 pm GMT
Someone

Mandarin Chinese has only 4 tune, but Cantonese has much more...

If you want to pronounce Mandarin very well, you must listen to CDs.

Without listening to it, I'm afraid you can't speak a correct pronunciation.
Someone   Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:35 pm GMT
In effect in my trip to bejing i had hard times understanding and talking to people..
Viri Amaoro   Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:11 am GMT
Hi Chinese!

I'm afraid I have been completely misunderstood! I harbour no negative feelings toward China, in fact I do not know much about China, I am in a neutral position, neither negative feeling nor positive. That's my fault.
I actually intended to make a compliment to your nation in terms of nascent tecnology, space program etc. You have all the possibilities to be a great country and probably the main reason is that you simply have the NUMBERS on your side.

As for your opinion that the Europeans don't give China it's fair value, I'm afraid you are completely WRONG. It's actually the other way around, the Europeans see China as a very big emerging country, perhaps the one with most potential in the world (again, you have the NUMBERS), of course a competitor in the economic field. Sometimes people in Europe are afraid of economic competition from China for several reasons, but I can asure you that in Europe China is seen as mostly that, an ECONOMIC competitor and little else. Unlike the Americans, Europeans don't think China is a threat and competitor in other fields such as politics, culture or technology.

As for the Moon base, you seem to think that the Europeans and others see that as a threat of hegemonic behaviour. On the contrary my friend, the day China builds that base on the Moon (even if it is 25 years from now) it will be a happy day for Mankind, for the Americans and Europeans will see that as an excuse for a competition/space race. And that to me is a GOOD thing, for we must leave this tiny closed planet of ours, where we play our tiny zero-sum games and head for the stars.

Remember: the only ones who fear China or any other aspiring geopolitical entity (like the EU) are the AMERICANS at the top. It is as they say: when you are on top there is only one way to go.