French VS Italian

greg   Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:52 am GMT
Aldo + Luis Zalot : « To my knowledge "castillian" spanish is rather the "son" of Latin. And Italian is the "daughter" of Latin. French is rather a cousin of Latin. Romanian...well, frankly let's not go there...shall we? Haha »

Ça y est ! On est reparti en plein délire... Pour votre propre gouverne, le français et le roumain ***SONT*** du latin avec, bien sûr, plus de mille ans dans les pattes.

J'hallucine vraiment quand je lis ce ***RAMASSIS DE CONNERIES***. Je suis désolé : je ne trouve pas de mots plus exacts !

L'avantage de genre d'idiotie, c'est que ça permet de mettre les pendules à l'heure et de savoir à qui à son s'adresse...
greg   Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:53 am GMT
ERRATUM : (...) à qui on s'adresse.
Jr   Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:00 am GMT
greg,

Speak english, if you understand it & know how too read English...type it!
greg   Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:08 am GMT
Jr : ceci est un forum *M*U*L*T*I*L*I*N*G*U*E*.
Jr   Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:17 am GMT
Greg,

Yeah, your right. But, some people don't know French. So your observation or point & post is "automatically" ignored. This is reality.
So... I suppose you like to remained "mysterious" or rather different when
telling other people your "point of view" on things.
Tiffany   Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:36 am GMT
Liking a language is SUBJECTIVE. You should all learn this word. I like French. I like Italian. There are also many other languages I like. I prefer the sound Italian a smidgen to French. Is one of you going to conclude now that I am a lesbian? Please people. It's subjective - my opinion. Is everyone going to share it? No.

@Sorin, it's really sad, letting a LANGUAGE get under your skin so much that you feel the need to make fun of it endlessly. Boggles the mind why this is so necessary for you.

@Aldo - What is the difference between saying something is a daughter or a son of Latin? As far as I can see daughters and sons are both offspring. This would make them... well on the same level in relation to Latin.

You all need to stop picking on Romanian too. Why the hell is it so important to all of you that your language of choice be close (or closer than another) to Latin. What added value does that even give?
Sorin   Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:24 am GMT
greg , stop fighting the “Latino” trolls, they’re an embarrassment for this forum.

Don’t get me wrong Tiffany ! I like every Romance language from Aromanian to Asturian to Sicilian and Sardinian, but these “latino” trolls don’t have a clue about Eastern Romance, Classical Latin, history and linguistics.

>Romanian could be considered a "twin" of Italian? (in phonolgy) So in reality "Sorin" Romanian would sound feminine, and ROMANIAN wouldn't sound all masculine at all<

Again people, you are a Tabula rasa. You never heard how spoken Romanian sounds. But I’ll tell you a thing, Romanian is indeed closer to Italian in phonology , except the BIMBO Italian sound of “O” all over. Romanian uses “U” from classical Latin.

Id Est,

Classical Latin---UNDE
Romanian-------UNDE
Italian ----------DOVE
Spanish---------DONDE
English----------Where

Classical Latin---SUNT
Romanian-------SUNT
Italian ----------SONO
Spanish---------SOY
English----------I am, are

(In Romanian) - Unde sunt intelectuali din forumu’ vostru ?

Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, etc are some BIMBO languages, infested by medieval latin and mutilated by the catholic inquisition for some 700 years.

Only French, Sardinian and Romanian are more sober in phonology, like classical Latin was a sober language.
Aldo   Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:26 am GMT
Sorin,pete & cicero etc. are the same person.
Why don't you go and "WATCH" your olimpics, hahaha.

Classical Latin---UNDE
Romanian-------UNDE
Italian ----------DOVE
Spanish---------DONDE
English----------Where

Classical Latin---SUNT
Romanian-------SUNT
Italian ----------SONO
Spanish---------SOY
English----------I am, are

Umm, are you sure in SPANISH it's "soy" instead of "son?" ((for the plural of 'ustedes/ellos/ellas/aquellas &aquellos))
It looks like you don't know anything about languages.

Spanish & Classical latin
yo "soy" (sum)
tu "eres" (es)
usted "es" (est)
ustedes "son" (sunt)
vosotros "sois" (estis)
nosotros "somos" (sumus)

GET IT RIGHT.

Tiffany your right, sometimes you gotta profess* on what you believe & know in.

"Again people, you are a Tabula rasa. You never heard how spoken Romanian sounds. But I’ll tell you a thing, Romanian is indeed closer to Italian in phonology , except the BIMBO Italian sound of “O” all over. Romanian uses “U” from classical Latin."

----->>>>

Well to be honest, Vulgar latin "USED" -u- per se (by itself).
Romanian only has certain words or pronouns (names) that conserve the "-us- and perhaps -um-" of CLASSICAL LATIN. Romanian's only closeness to CLASSICAL LATIN is the "declension."

And frankly Romanian's "VERB" conjunctioning is rather odd and does NOT follow the norm of "Classical Latin" perhaps, ad initio. But in the end it's sounds "FRENCH" like. No! wonder! (remember "french inspiration; no wonder you back them up.)

Romanian & Classical Latin
Intru (intro) (Romans would say, NOT everything in C.L is "u" like)
Intri (intras) (they'll say what? It's intras)
Intra (intrat) (they'll say, okay. Just this one time)
Intra (intrant) Romanian, forget to DISTINGUISH ITSELF! from single to plural. I think romans would be like what? and say your drunk and laugh.)
Intram (intramus) (they'll say; were more then one you know...)
Intrati (intratis) (they'll say where's the sibilant "s")

Romanian closest to Classical Latin? nope. Just in the declension. Period.

Quis es tu? non placet!
Civis Romanus Sum   Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:36 am GMT
Let me challenge you with some Sorin-like examples.
English is the closest to Classical Latin!

Classical Latin--- Satisfactio
Italian ---------- Soddisfazione
Spanish--------- Satisfaccion
English---------- SATISFACTION

And French? I was wrong! sorry. It is French the closest to Latin:

Classical Latin--- qui
Italian ---------- il quale. che
Spanish--------- el cual,
French---------- QUI

But perhaps, I was wrong another time! Latin has declensions, German has declensions -->
German is the closest to Latin!!!!

Etc..Etc.. :-)

I exaggerate a bit, but I hope I rendered the idea...
Without offense but all this is strongly pathetic...
Galileo   Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:27 pm GMT
"Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, etc are some BIMBO languages, infested by medieval latin and mutilated by the catholic inquisition for some 700 years"

That is correct, medieval latin is the language of the inquisition, that tortured intelligent scientists that oposed the papal tirany, medieval latin influenced Italian and Spanish more than any other language.

E pur si muove!
S.P.Q.R   Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:49 pm GMT
O was the resultant of the processo f augemntation of the ending vowel.
S.P.Q.R   Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:10 pm GMT
Yeah right, Bimbo= True language, prietenul meu...........
greg   Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:24 pm GMT
Jr : « But, some people don't know French. So your observation or point & post is "automatically" ignored. This is reality. So... I suppose you like to remained "mysterious" or rather different when telling other people your "point of view" on things. »

Je ne cherche pas à être lu par le maximum de monde. Si tel était le cas, je ne perdrais pas mon temps sur ce forum.

Quant à ceux qui ne comprennent pas le français, je suis désolé pour eux mais qu'y puis-je ? J'écris de temps en temps en allemand mais je ne suis ni VRP chez Babelfish ni Mère Térésa.
Jr   Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:04 pm GMT
Sorin,pete & cicero etc. (I think) "Civis romanus sum" had the right
idea for you. Sorin is a terrorist
Aldo   Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:34 pm GMT
Don't listen to the "terrorist" who is sorin & pete etc.

that's all she does "terrorizes" people's points of views in a despicable manner. "Mala est!"

In forum veracitate! (Veracidad en el foro)

Sardianian,Italian & Spanish *REAL* decendants of "Classical Latin's" Phonology.

Sardianian,Spanish & portuguese (asturian) closest of
"Classical Latin's" Verb conjunctioning.

Sardianian & Italian possess the best resemblence towards "classical latin's syntax."

Spanish & Sardianian Italian? *often* hold the BEST grammar of that of "Classical Latin."

Italian,Spanish & Sardianian the THREE most conversative in Classical & Vulgar Latin's Vocabulary.

Romanian the only One that perserved the "declension."

Veni,vedi & vici (classical latin)

Vine,vei & venci (Spanish)

INFORMATIVE TO ALL;

Filia domini tui omne nocte temptat facere librum plenum statuarum cum decem capitibus. (Classical Latin)

Illa filia de tuo domino temptat cata nocte facere unum librum plenum de statuis cum decem capitibus. (Vulgar Latin)

Illa filia de tuo domino tentat cata nocte facer uno libro pleno de statuas com dece capitias. (Late Vulgar Latin)

La hija de tu dueño intenta cada noche hacer un libro pleno de estatuas con diez cabezas. (Spanish) (old. sp facer-)

A filha de teu dono tenta cada noite fazer um livro pleno de estátuas com dez cabeças. (Portuguese)

The daughter of your lord tries every night to make a book full of statues with ten heads. (English)

S.P.Q.R * How would you translate this in Italian?

SORIN; how would you translate this in Romanian?