French people should abandon French and learn English!

Guest   Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:31 am GMT
But French is pigeon Latin!
Guest   Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:32 am GMT
Pidgin Latin as well !
Guest   Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:04 pm GMT
Voilà un sujet pour Adam, la francophobe de service, doit on ajout le "dégénéré mental de service" aussi?
Guest   Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:24 pm GMT
Such a stupid thread. Why should the French drop their language for English?
Cato   Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:25 am GMT
SPQR, do you speak latin?
Ravi   Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:04 am GMT
hey guys ,
iam not french or english but i have immense respect for both the languages.i would like to learn french someday,its a lovely language.the first time i heard it was non a french music channel MCM.i heard french rap,since then iam hooked.people associate french all over the world with sophistication.the same used to be true about english but not anymore.people wanting to use english for business purpose have messed it up.people who dont need english to show off to other people that they are english have added to the mess.
thats the reason why people are trying hard to learn english and the get rid of the accent.i think french is still unspoiled or maybe the africans trying to learn french to immigrate to france may have messed it up a bit.well.....i can only think of one thing to say about french.
viva la france or is viva la fonce
paul   Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:21 pm GMT
As I see it,French is as important as English although English has many advantages while maybe French doesn't have. Here're my reasons:

Firstly, the world needs more than one language. Every language definitely has her unique features, and has her exclusive way to express some special ideas or meanings. We all can't imagine if there's only one language growing on this globe. Competition produces improvement.

Secondly, English absorbs a lot of essential elements from other languages like French. They've been changing by each other. Or we can say that French is a part of English.

Also, if we master both of them, or three, four ... languages, like Steve (the boss of TheLinguist who can speak nine languages), we would enjoy the languages and have more authority to discuss this topic :)
Antoine   Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:47 am GMT
This is what are doing in France. More and more french learn spanish. We think this is and will be really usefull. We have more buziness opportunities between latin people. In fact France is 2nd european country where spanish is the most spoken.
Joey Star   Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:29 pm GMT
Antoine,

I noticed that the 1st time i came to Marseille.