Question to all forum visitors

Paxiden   Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:31 pm GMT
Why is this still called the "languages" instead of the "Romance languages" section? I'm not a troll and I'm posting a serious issue.

People like Greg will say that all 'languages' are equal and have a right to be here, true.But at the same time, these people know that this only works in theory.Turning a blind I doesn't change a thing.

In the past 6 months, despite the new, and very active moderator Brennus, this forum has been dealt an enormous blow. The vast majority of the forum-visitors speak a Romance language and probably a lot of them are these same trolls that have ruined the linguistic diversity on this forum.

There is still a great amount of intolerance and ignorance on this forum, and even Brennus' vigorous cleaning efforts cannot conceal or prevent this, to languages other than romance language speakers.

Is this really the state of mind here at Antimoon? Can you only post in/about other languages when you have clearly expressed your fondness of a language in the Romance group?I hope not.

I believe that as a speaker of a Romance and Germanic language, this should stop, the sillent terror of the "Latin trolls" must be stopped, if this forum is ever going to be something worthwhile.

Please share your views on this matter.
Aldo   Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:31 am GMT
Brennus has done an splendid job. He's neutral about everything.

Gratiam, amicus. Per tuum labore
Aldo   Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:53 am GMT
Sorin, don't be sad. Because your Romanian friends aren't PRO-LATIN-ROMANIAN like you are. At least they're happy about their slavic roots, like I am about my arabic ones.
Sorin   Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:32 am GMT
Paxiden, I agree with you about the “Latin Trolls” and I agree about Brennus trying to be neutral, but this cataclysm of “Latin Trolls” are mostly from Latin America, Aldo is one of them. I solidarize with the rest of the non-latin people, Ironically Romanian and French are attacked and insulted as well. Just like the non-latin languages were insulted !

Down with the LatinO Trolls !
Luis Zalot   Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:43 am GMT
Sorin, get over yourself and get over "romanian" being the closest to Classical latin, because in reality "all the romance-languages are closer more or less to archaic latin, classical latin, vulgar latin, late vulgar latin."

Sorin, your the only "Romanian" on here PROFESSING "Romanian" is the closest to Classical latin, while on the contrary other romanians on here are neutral about it and don't care about it much, Also, let's not forget their more RESPECTFUL and HUMBLE, respectively. While you (sorin) act via 'typing' tedious-like and even have tantrums, when people don't accept your view. Hey that's reality, quite day-dreaming about "the world revolves around me" type of scenarios.

One more thing, you say "latinos are trolls?" Such puerilism on your behalf. Let me ask you this? What is Romanian BASED on? Latin, so that makes you an "troll" as well. Not so "clever" after all, just ignorant.
S.P.Q.R   Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:13 pm GMT
Was from me the above post
greg   Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:52 pm GMT
Les remarques insipides que certains pseudo-professeurs de latin (de cuisine) choisissent d'adresser à leurs contradicteurs prêtent à sourire.
Anti-troll   Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:05 pm GMT
Why are Latin American trolls ?

Pedro
Aldo
Luis Zalot
Latino
etc

Unfortunately the American continent is predominantly a “bicameral” society ! North America and Latin America -the North Americans and the Latinos.

The inferiority complex and the frustrations of the Latin Americans are transformed into this masochistic LATINO dominance in this forum. They already have the name “LATINO” (an infamous name in America) and they perceive themselves as Latin, more than the European Latins they descend from. They have a numeric advantage over the European Latin, and are picking on every language, including Latin languages like French, Romanian and European Spanish and Portuguese.

Their goal is not to promote any rational linguistic debates, but rather to incite and denigrate other European and Anglo-Saxon languages, even denigrating Latin languages as French, Romanian and European Portuguese and Spanish.

As everybody noticed The Latino- Anglosaxon rivalry and insults were born on antimoon . And was promoted by the Latin Americans trolls.
Nostradamus   Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:40 pm GMT
Anti-troll you should use Pro-troll for your nickname instead. I've never had heard such garbage in this forum.

Everybody can post here whatever they want no matter if they are from America or Europe or wherever. It's normal that romance language speakers be the majority here since such languages are wide spread around the world. If you don't like it just look for other forum, that's all.
*CaRLoS*   Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:01 pm GMT
Sorin is rascist and an dictator. Let's not FORGET temper tantrum(s)
can't accept any other points of views and her Romanian friends
don't back her up, because she's mentally challenged. Sorry, sorin you asked for it. YOUR GETTING WAY OUT OF LINE.
*CarloS*   Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:45 pm GMT
I WASN'T GOING TO POST ANYTHING HERE UNTIL THIS:

"*CaRLoS* Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:01 pm GMT
Sorin is rascist and an dictator. Let's not FORGET temper tantrum(s)
can't accept any other points of views and her Romanian friends
don't back her up, because she's mentally challenged. Sorry, sorin you asked for it. YOUR GETTING WAY OUT OF LINE."

I DIDN'T SAY THIS. I DON'T KNOW EVEN KNOW WHO SORIN IS...

OH WELL...

I'm not sure if Paxiden is a troll or not. If she keeps posting (using her same name), I'll assume she's not. Although I really don't care. I won't give an opinion on how Brennus manages what's posted on this forum, I better not give one or else this will be deleted... JK BRENNUS!!! :D

Paxiden, you should be aware that:
-Your topic DOESN'T have anything to do with this forum, Languages.
-You are PROMOTING a fight between users.
-You are giving an opinion that MAY NOT BE ACCURATE, AND MAY OFFEND MANY.
-You have APPEARED FROM NOWHERE, which is suspicious.

OK? NOW...

First, if you aren't interested in a certain topic then ignore it, don't bother to look at it. Have you seen me post in a German thread? NO! *NO OFFENSE TO GERMANS OF COURSE.*

You are the one that seems intolerant. You seem to be annoyed by the fact that many are interested in talking and learning about Latin Languages. I CAN ASSERT THAT YOU ARE.

AND YES, ALL LANGUAGES ARE EQUAL. HOWEVER, LIKE YOU, PEOPLE CAN EXPRESS THEIR OPINION ABOUT A CERTAIN LANGUAGE (without offending of course). I KNOW MANY GERMANIC LANGUAGES HAVE BEEN OFFENDED, BUT SO HAVE ROMANCE LANGUAGES AND ALMOST EVERY LANGUAGE MENTIONED HERE. So stop blamming "Latin-trolls". Your whole post is against Latins.

I have also been attacked by "Germanic Trolls", but I don't post non-sense blaming them, it's pointless. Until now... I keep wondering why you started this thread.

To end this I must add that in this forum there are few Latin Americans, or at least that's as far as I'm concerned. So, don't blame us, that attacks come from everyewhere.
Jr   Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:58 pm GMT
Sorin, is mentally challenged and has "multiple" personalities.
I'm not "aldo." I'm from New york.

You (sorin) portray and disguise thru, pedro/Paxiden/cicero/guest. I wouldn't be supraised if your "Tiffany."
Jr   Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:23 am GMT
Sorin wrote;

"Aldo is the main Latin American troll he is posting under Jr, Nostradamus, and impersanating *CarloS* a genuine Latin American user."

hah, I see your KISSING up to "carlos", because he wouldn't be as tolerable as the rest. Sorin, don't be scared. It all comes with being an imposing-incompetent-dictator. Then again, you have too many alter-egos. That would explain.......
Tiffany   Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:26 am GMT
Jr,
English must not be your first language. If it were, it be obvious that I am one and Sorin is not. Talking of baseless claims - all I see is people pointing fingers at each other and calling each other names. Nothing more. Let's just wait and see if that gets us anywhere.

I'm not holding my breath.
JR   Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:49 am GMT
Answering to the original question:

I have not seen anyone picking on non-Romance languages. In fact, I have not seen anyone pick on any languages, besides a certain infamous someone...

(P.S. - I'm not "Jr", in case the capital "R" doesnt give it away)