Spanish is the clostes to Arcaic Latin

Jr   Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:06 pm GMT
Thanks, S.P.Q.R
greg   Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:38 pm GMT
S.P.Q.R & Jr : avez-vous des notions de phonétique ?
Jr   Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:45 pm GMT
Phonetic of what language? Be more specific and I don't really understand French; well. So if you want an reply you'll have to write in English. Sorry.
S.P.Q.R   Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:02 pm GMT
To greg:
YEs, why?
greg   Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:39 pm GMT
Non, je parlais de phonétique parce que ce serait intéressant de vérifier si vos affirmations parfois fantasques résistent à un examen comparatif.

Quand je vois des absurdités du style « la phonologie du castillan (ou du toscan) est identique à celle du latin classique », j'ai dû mal à contenir l'hilarité qui me saisit...
S.P.Q.R   Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:48 pm GMT
To Greg:
Quand je vois des absurdités du style « la phonologie du castillan (ou du toscan) est identique à celle du latin classique », j'ai dû mal à contenir l'hilarité qui me saisit
Never said that.
Octavian   Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:23 pm GMT
Dear pedro,
The fact that spanish has "os"/"o" endings has nothing to do with archaic latin. Spanish is not the closest romance language to archaic latin. In fact spanish or any other romance language have little in common with archaic latin since every Romance language developed from vulgar latin.

The only thing that would make you believe such a ludicrous idea is the "os"/"o" endings in spanish that correspond to "om"/"os" endings in archaic latin. This however, is a mere coincidence and most certainly did not derive directly from archaic Latin. Linking archaic latin to spanish because of this coincidence displays lack of linguistic knowledge.

There are however, some traces of archaisms found in each romance language which is linked directly to archaic latin but please don't mistake the "os"/"o" endings found in Spanish as linked or related to archaic latin for this is pure ludicrous.

Salve.
a.p.a.m.   Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:55 pm GMT
Hey Sorin, nobody's impressed with your stupid, ugly, ersatz, made up Romanian language! Try to study Russian, you "Romanians" are going to be speaking it AGAIN someday!