question

abc   Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:21 am GMT
I need to ask a group of idiots a question. But I need to tell them first that I'm being sincere and I really need to know the answer. How would you describe my question? (you know, serious, sincere, etc)
Guest   Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:15 am GMT
I would describe your question as "serious".
Stan   Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:44 am GMT
<< I need to ask a group of idiots a question. >>

Its funny how you seem to expect a genuine response from "a group of idiots" and what difference would it make if you were sincere or not, you've already labelled them as "idiots." I'll say your case is rather 'bizarre. I suggest you check the definition of "idiot" before you proceed with your inquiry.

Only an idiot would expect a genuine response from another idiot.
lu   Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:35 am GMT
Are they handicapped??
abc   Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:02 am GMT
"Are they handicapped??"
Mentally, Yeah. Just like Stan, you know.
Guest   Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:45 pm GMT
So just tell 'em that you've gotta ask them a really important question and that you really need to know their answer.
abc   Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:03 pm GMT
I just found out what's called: "a sincere question" thnx thu
Guest   Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:29 pm GMT
How did you "find out" that it would be called a "sincere question"? I think "serious question" would be more accurate.
abc   Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:53 pm GMT
I "found out" what it's called when I was reading one of my American friend's emails and that's the adj he used.
Do you now get how I "found out" about it?
Guest   Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:26 am GMT
Ah, well, perhaps he was mistaken or you misunderstood... A "sincere question" is more like when you don't want to offend someone and a "serious question" is when you aren't joking.
abc   Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:17 am GMT
"Ah, well, perhaps he was mistaken or you misunderstood... "
Neither. I did not ask the question clearly enough.
"A "sincere question" is more like when you don't want to offend someone" that's exactly what I was asking. thnx thu
Larissa   Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:00 am GMT
Hey all,
what's the American word for "teddy bear"?
Thanks
Guest   Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:09 am GMT
-- what's the American word for "teddy bear"? --

pimp
Guest   Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:14 am GMT
I think she meant the cuddly variety
Travis   Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:03 am GMT
Larissa, it would be simply "teddy bear". Remember that the term "teddy bear" originated in North American English to begin with.