Vive Le Quebec libre

bernard   Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:20 pm GMT
" I'm no ignorant, and I'm perfectly aware of the fact that English is not the only language in the World, neither is French anyway. But if you want us to discuss the situation of Quebec, and want different views on the topic, you'd better write in Enlgish, as it's the international language... "

Kyle, please, don't act as if you were the boss of the planet (or maybe that what you believe)...
since when english is the official international language of the world ?!!... Go out of your country and see by yourself that : - first, a lot of languages other than english are spoken (and more spoken than english) , and second alot of other languages than english are used as international languages, and even if you don't like it french is one of these languages (equally with arabic, spanish, portuguese russian or german...)

ps : no one frenchman or woman would claim that french would be the "international language", for two reason : - it is not the case and second - we hate the notion of one unique worlwide language and culture and we don't see why we should impose our language and culture (both are linked) to the others peoples... maybe we are wrong to act this way and we should be as imperialistic as english-speaking peoples but that the way it is...

" the problem with Quebec is the same as the problem with the Bask Country, Lorraine, Catalonia etc... "

Lorraine ??!! ... I didn't know that people there wanted to be independant ! why not about the independance of connecticut or Sussex ?
French   Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:30 pm GMT
Bravo Bernard!
E fances   Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:58 pm GMT
ET vive le GENERAL!!!
Sigma   Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:42 am GMT
since when english is the official international language of the world ?!!.>

Well done Bernard.

!Bravo Bernard bien dicho!
Trunks   Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:00 am GMT
Québec will be free from anglo rule soon or later.
Accept it
Sander   Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:55 am GMT
It's not a good thing if Québec would be able to separate in a few decades... from an economical point of view that is, I mean 7,568,640 people to run a (then) 'country' as large as almost 3 times the size of France... in the age of economical superpowews like the EU , China,US and Japan.
Trunks   Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:44 pm GMT
Sander:

We don't care about the money, We want to live as the nation that we are, the anglo canadians are always sayihg that they are not like the americans even that both of them are anglo saxons, we are not anglos, we want to protect our culture, our language and our identity.

We just want to live, we don't care if we become the poorest nation in the world but at least we will be independant.
american nic   Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:42 pm GMT
Let's think about this for a sec...Quebec has some autonomy from the rest of Canada...their economy would probably sink...and where would that leave its neighbors? I mean, it would split Canada in two, with the vast majority from Ontario west, and into the Maritime provinces. Would they also secede along with Quebec? And which ones? Just the francophone ones? Then also, it would leave Anglo-Canada sitting there, in two parts, with a vastly more powerful southern neighbor that has an almost identical culture (I know there are differences, but I think that the northernmost states (e.g., Maine, Minnesota, Washington, etc.) have more in common with their closest provinces than with the southern states. And yet these northern states are in the same country as those southern states. So will the remainder of Canada and the US just eventually join up? So there would be a massive English-speaking (with Spanish minority) country, a large but relatively unpopulated French-speaking country, and Mexico? And how would these new countries be international relations-wise? Just a few questions.
Havebn   Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:46 am GMT
So does some of the Quebec popluation want to unite with France once again or become a republic on its own?
Sander   Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:15 am GMT
=>Sander:
We don't care about the money, We want to live as the nation that we are, the anglo canadians are always sayihg that they are not like the americans even that both of them are anglo saxons, we are not anglos, we want to protect our culture, our language and our identity.

We just want to live, we don't care if we become the poorest nation in the world but at least we will be independant. <=

That's a bit melodramatic don't you think?Also I think that since you're the only 'Quebecois' on the forum so it's a bit tricky to relay on you're feelings about how 'the other Quebecois' (we) think about this.

(BTW do you really think all the Americans are Anglo-Saxons ?!)

I think this all has been a bit blown up...
Trunks   Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:23 pm GMT
Sander:

Check this and see if I am the only Quebecois who want to separate:

http://www.vivelecanada.ca/forum/index.php?forum=33
Sigma   Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:24 pm GMT
Oui vive le Québec Libre!!!
Sander   Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:36 pm GMT
=>Check this and see if I am the only Quebecois who want to separate:<=

I wasn't saying that, but you are talking like 100% of the Quebecois agree fully with you.Surely that's not the case.
greg   Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:43 am GMT
Sander : le Québec a la moitié de la population des Pays-Bas, lesquels ressemblent à un confetti par rapport à la superficie de la Belle Province. Les Pays-Bas ont autant de chances de devenir un Land allemand que le Québec de s'abaisser au statut de région canadienne comme les autres. Le Québec est parfaitement viable dans ou hors du Canada.

PS : la réintégration du Labrador dans le Québec va de pair avec l'indépendance.
Sander   Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:40 am GMT
The Netherlands becoming German land?!