This is for those who love British Accent... Let's all learn

Clarie   Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:46 am GMT
Not to sound like a racist, but I ardently still reckon that /most/ Americans that /I know/ are completely preposterous and extremely ostentatious individuals. If a fellow American is reading this and you want to prove me wrong, then please introduce yourself. :P Hahaha.

Quite interesting pictures Carl. Don't you have Japanese versions? ;) (For those who can't relate, Japanese people is the British counterpart in Asia when it comes to having 'crooked teeth'.)

Clarie <3
Carl   Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:47 am GMT
Not to sound like an elitist (or Austen Tayshus), but American is a race?
Liz   Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:04 am GMT
Austen Tayshus LOL :-)
Tayshus   Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:37 am GMT
18EV   Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:15 am GMT
"Not to sound like a racist, but I ardently still reckon that /most/ Americans that /I know/ are completely preposterous and extremely ostentatious individuals."

Not to sound like a "racist," eh?
zzz   Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:01 pm GMT
>> Not to sound like a racist, but I ardently still reckon that /most/ Americans that /I know/ are completely preposterous and extremely ostentatious individuals. If a fellow American is reading this and you want to prove me wrong, then please introduce yourself <<

I remember reading in my anthopology book that a "race" has to do with arbitrarily selected physical features, an "ethnicity" has to do with cultural groups, and a "nationality" has to do with ones country of citizenship. Why is it that people tend use the word "racist" for to cover all three of those words? It seems to make no sense at all. I think that the word carries very little meaning nowadays. I would say that "American" is a nationality. Maybe, if we really stretch the meaning, it could be an ethnicity too. But to say that something is "racist" towards Americans sounds ridiculous. What do you guys think about it?
Guest   Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:12 pm GMT
>> Tragic...Americans are terrible at imitating accents. I hate listening to Americans on T.V. pretending to speak with a "British" accent. It's just annoying. <<

Is it really all that bad?