who has got the coolest American accent?

Pen   Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:08 pm GMT
Tony Blair
Colin Farrell
Keira Knightley
Daniel Radcliffe
Alan Rickman
Ewan McGregor
Emma Watson
David Beckham
Jim C, Eofforwic   Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:27 pm GMT
Never heard Tony Blair try an American accent, but I'm sure its not long till he'll try one on, after all he will be moving there after his term. Ewen McGregor does an all right one, but I suppose Colin Farrell is the most Americanised one out of the bunch.

The guy with the coolest American accent is Dean Martin though, pure class.
Damian in Edinburgh   Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:55 am GMT
***Never heard Tony Blair try an American accent, but I'm sure its not long till he'll try one on, after all he will be moving there after his term***

Is that was he's said or is that your attempt to cheer us up, Jim? It's no use him giving a "promise".....not with his record.

An American accent just would NOT suit Keira...no, not ever! She has pride and I have prejudice. ;-)
Jim C, Eofforwic   Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:20 pm GMT
He hasn't said it, but I should think the state of affairs he'll leave us in will cause him to move to Bush's ranch (not out of shame, because the man feels none), Then Brown can start to sort things out for us.
Damian in Edinburgh   Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm GMT
Blair and Bush riding out together into the Texan sunset......great prospect!

Brown.....well, what can I say? ....another Scot......holding Adam's purse strings ;-)
Jim C, Eofforwic   Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:50 pm GMT
I'm not bothered about Scots in parlement, actualy my local MP for the Vale of York is a Scot, though I despise her,but thats for being a conservative. Brown is a good man, and he'll bring Labour back to the left where it should be, and I can't imagine a better man incharge of our piggybank. Would be nice to have a Yorkshire assembly though :) (I'm gonna keep banging on about that, because I'm anoyed we've had our vote taken away on the subject)

"Blair and Bush riding out together into the Texan sunset......great prospect!"

What would be better is if we got it over and done with and fired them straight into the sun!

Back to the question in hand though, Jimmy Stewart has/had a great accent, I think there is something about the way people spoke back then that was very cool.
Nota Vespuccian   Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:52 am GMT
Probably some Alaskan.
abc   Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:30 am GMT
"(not out of shame, because the man feels none), "
what does that mean?
Guest   Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:01 pm GMT
Which part? "out of shame" means "because of feeling ashamed".
Guest   Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:02 pm GMT
It means - not because he's ashamed because he doesn't feel ashamed ever.
Jim C, Jorvikskyr   Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:10 pm GMT
Guest   Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:23 am GMT
Tony Blair
Keira Knightley
Daniel Radcliffe
Alan Rickman
Emma Watson
David Beckham

I've never heard these people do an American accent. Ewan MacGregor needs to work a bit more on his. Colin Farell's is pretty good, even though it faltered a few times in "SWAT". The best I've heard so far is Jason Isaac's.
abc   Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:43 am GMT
OMG, Jim.
HAHA!! This was hysterical!
Damian in Edinburgh   Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:45 am GMT
JIM:

Seeing that vidclip has given me one really horrible thought to start the day with. Bush will have to come over here instead of Blair going over there!!! ;-( Gay Civil Partnerships......legal in the UK but unlikely ever to be so in the USA!
Uriel   Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:10 am GMT
When did Jason Isaac do an American accent?

The only one I've heard Ewan MacGregor do was the southern one in Big Fish, and those can sound fake even when they're eral. I think personally that he talked too far back in his mouth, but I never heard his refereence material, so I can't really judge.