The Next World (the next twenty years)

Sarah   Wed May 03, 2006 9:19 am GMT
Hi every one,
I'd like to ask you to give me some brain storms about what will happen in the next twenty years..
I appreciate for you ..
Ant_222   Wed May 03, 2006 9:25 am GMT
There will be an acute shortage of oil, and good old MS-DOS games won't run on new M$ OSes...
Tommie   Wed May 03, 2006 11:59 am GMT
I'll become rich.
MaintiensLeDroit   Wed May 03, 2006 12:16 pm GMT
Petrol in the UK will cost £10 a litre and £8 of that will be tax.
Canada will be the world's superpower because of the immense amount of water in Canada.
Water will be as valuable as oil is now.
Hardly anyone will have a car because companies took to long to find alternative fuels to run their cars on.
I will be a mountie.
D6037CO   Wed May 03, 2006 2:22 pm GMT
"I will be a mountie."

Very commendable. Hence, no doubt, your choice of "Maintiens le Droit" for a forum name.
Damian in Edinburgh   Wed May 03, 2006 2:28 pm GMT
Without checking for myself, I'd like to know if you can buy crystal balls on E-Bay?
Jim C, Jorvikskyr   Wed May 03, 2006 4:05 pm GMT
My minions of rat-spiders will take over the world, and I will force everyone to talk like Jimmy Savill! Muhahahahaha!
An Fear   Wed May 03, 2006 7:46 pm GMT
America shall own most of the world. Those pesky terrorists get everywhere you know.
The EU member states will have closer relations.
The UK will use the Euro along with every other EU country.
England will get to then lose every world cup final due to penalties.
Adam will ease up on talking crap.
As said oil production will decrease which may lead to determined efforts to find alternatives.
Humans (by which I mean the Americans) will have landed on Mars.
From the previous point, a handful of nutters will believe that they didn't actually go and provide stupid conspiracy theories as to that effect.
Russia will have a more dominant role in world affairs since her economy will improve.
China will be the world's largest industrial power. Learn your Chinese.
Guest   Wed May 03, 2006 8:15 pm GMT
Helloooo... where have you been lately, living under a rock? In twenty years, J.K. Rowling will own the world.
An Fear   Wed May 03, 2006 8:24 pm GMT
"Helloooo... where have you been lately, living under a rock? In twenty years, J.K. Rowling will own the world."

cuckoo!
Guest   Wed May 03, 2006 8:43 pm GMT
Are you doubting the power of General Rowling and her one billion-strong fan base/army? They are RABID, and she brain-washed them while they were young. Bow to the Row!
An Fear   Wed May 03, 2006 8:51 pm GMT
cuckoo!cuckoo!
Thijs Kuiken   Thu May 04, 2006 10:11 am GMT
"China will be the world's largest industrial power. Learn your Chinese."

Doing that now...
Jim C, Jorvikskyr   Thu May 04, 2006 5:18 pm GMT
"Russia will have a more dominant role in world affairs since her economy will improve."
You can expect the Russian population to have dropped by a quater, and by 2060 i think they will have found a new form of government, third times the charm, they've never had it easy...
Damian in Edinburgh   Thu May 04, 2006 6:44 pm GMT
***Adam will ease up on talking crap***

Now you're talking crap.....can you realistically see that ever happening?