Experienced Romance speakers needed for test:

Jo   Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:50 pm GMT
gostar de reações dos altofalantes do português neste texto e se puderem ler o que eu disse apenas"

Literally:

to like the reactions of the Portuguese loudspeakers in this text and if they could read what I said only.

Ruy has made a fine interpretation of the text but for babelfish to call a native speaker a loudspeaker is a bit too far off.

I hope this helps with your judgement,Sander(s).
Sander   Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:02 pm GMT
=>Sander(s). <=

I KNEW IT WAS YOU!!!
Rui   Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:21 pm GMT
Sender:

French made a good interpretation of the probable meaning of an ill written sentence(s), and that's why I didn't wrote a translation of my own. But he literaly translated that "I Baseado" etc part, which probably means he also didn't get its meaning, as I didn't. And this element might change the significance of the entire sentence. That's why I wouldn't trust Babelfish at all, it's a "false friends" maker. Even if it were grammaticaly correct, you'd never know if all the meanings were right.

Jo it's HOT over here, I guess down there in Algarve it must be hell! If this goes on I'll be a melted loudspeaker soon :)
Sander   Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:38 pm GMT
Okay thank you all!

Italian: Low till insufficient.
Spanish: Low.
Portuguese: Low.
French: Insufficient.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/
JGreco   Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:30 am GMT
Even the Spanish translation there are various ways of pronouncing or using certain words in that text. Such as the word testing. You could litteraly or legally say testando also in Spanish. Many of the words in the Portuguese translation you could change and make the Spanish equivalent very close to the portuguese equivalent to that phrase.