DIY divorce kit -- what is it?!!1

j   Thu May 25, 2006 5:17 pm GMT
BBC: "Supermarkets have a long record of forcing their way into new markets and now stock everything from horse-riding equipment to DIY divorce kits."
DIY - Do it yourself (as I know). So?
Fredrik from Norway   Thu May 25, 2006 5:35 pm GMT
It's a joke...
Pippa   Thu May 25, 2006 5:53 pm GMT
Not a joke. DIY divorce kits include step-by-step guides to filing for a divorce and cd-roms packed with legal forms that you can open up and fill out on your word processor. They're availabe at most bookstores and supermarkets.

http://www.tescolegalstore.com/separation_and_divorce_kit.asp
Damian in Edinburgh   Thu May 25, 2006 6:47 pm GMT
***It's a joke...***

It certainly is not! It seems that Fredrik needs to be updated a wee bit on social trends in Britain.

Go down to Tescos or Sainsbury's and (invariably) women pick up a DIY Divorce Kit along with the spuds and caulis. And why would they not? It pays really good money, and quite a few shirts as well. Just look at recent high profile mega massive divorce settlements in their favour. Is that not right, Paul? Alan? Kenneth?

Life's a bitch ain't it, guys? LOL
j   Thu May 25, 2006 7:24 pm GMT
thank you guys
Dr.Maggot from another pl   Fri May 26, 2006 10:44 pm GMT
Damian

In Britain, if a girl got divorced that means she would be paid handsome money and some portion of property of her ex- husband.
Fredrik from Norway   Sun May 28, 2006 2:38 am GMT
I am speechless!
Uriel   Sun May 28, 2006 2:08 pm GMT
What are you speechless about, Fred?
Fredrik from Norway   Sun May 28, 2006 5:14 pm GMT
That British supermarkets are actually selling DIY divorce kits...
MaintiensLeDroit   Sun May 28, 2006 7:50 pm GMT
Me too! None of the supermarkets in my area do... nor does the one I work in! I've never seen any in the supermarkets where my mum lives... 280 odd miles away in the outskirts of London. Where abouts have you seen them Damian?