Is Korean really more difficult than Japanese?

Chinese   Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:57 am GMT
Writter

<could trying to learn korean or chinese by yourself, on a computer mess up someone's pronounciation of the language?>

Yes, you have to find a good Chinese teacher to follow his pronunciation.
Chinese   Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:00 am GMT
Please pay much attention to the large difference between Mandarin and Cantonese. They're both Chinese langauges, but sound very differently.
Presley.   Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:07 am GMT
Wow.

How did you manage to get the Chinese text on there without messing it getting all messed up Chinese??

Everything I wrote in Korean just became question marks.
Chinese.   Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:56 am GMT
Presley.

When you read some texts of different languages, you may have several display optional codings, and you can choose either of them as you need.

Traditional Character Coding & Simplified Character Coding.
Presley.   Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:05 pm GMT
Oh, thanks.
hydee   Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:47 am GMT
i dont know if this really works, but sometimes it seems like it helps to listen to a cd of someone singing in the language that you would like to learn. Can peolple really catch on to the pronounciation of a language by listening to someone sing and memorizing the words? It seems to be sort of difficult to try to do that with chinese, because of the tones. I guess when someone is listening to chinese singing, that they would have to read in between the lines sometimes.
Presley.   Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:04 am GMT
Um, yeah.

Unless they're children's educational songs, it will be very difficult to learn Chinese from singing. Especially pop songs and traditional songs.