volunteer

lan   Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:09 pm GMT
say that you have a program that you need people to volunteer for. What would you put on the poster advertising the program? Like "Our Organization Invites you to Volunteer"...would it be something like that?
american nic   Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:24 pm GMT
I think the most successful would have the title 'Volunteers Wanted' with the subtitle stating what the job entails. Afterwards, it could describe it in more details. In this ways, only people who are interested in volunteering and/or doing the work the job requires, will be interested enough to respond. And it's concise.
lan   Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:51 pm GMT
thnx americannic for the response.
But I need to start out with our org name on tape of the poster and then add the volunteer part. any ideas?
Deborah   Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:26 pm GMT
Ian, in that case, yes, your phrasing is correct.
Deborah   Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:29 pm GMT
By the way, is there more to the sentence, e.g., "Our organization invites you to volunteer for [something]" or "...to volunteer to [+ verb]"? Might as well be sure everything's OK while you're here. :)
Katy   Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:50 pm GMT
As a one year volunteer I can tell you that the brighter it is, the more attention it will get. It depends on what your company is. I can't really give any good advice unless it is a charity. Sorry.