how to train english

hi   Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:19 pm GMT
hey christian, i'm trying to learn german you can be my penpal. do you have teamspeak? i can teach you and you can teach me?
Deborah   Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:58 am GMT
Uriel said:

>> Yeah, I don't know that marriage is the solution .. my boyfriend is fluent in Spanish, but he doesn't teach me ANY of it! <<

That was my experience. I lived with a native Spanish speaker for 5 years, but he wasn't even slightly interested in taking a teacher role. All I learned from him were terms of endearment (which was nice, of course!).
christian   Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:55 am GMT
hi "hi".. ;)

not yet, but I can manage that. That would be cool!! =)
(up to then: my icq# is 103453368)
Uriel   Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:14 am GMT
Well, I've learned a few terms I can't repeat. But mostly what I hear is "Ya! Get away!"
christian   Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:48 pm GMT
Haven't you got icq, "hi"?
hi   Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:24 am GMT
hi Christian, I don't have icq, i have yahoo messenger and MSN.
.........................   Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:53 am GMT
..........................................................................................................................................hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
christian   Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:47 am GMT
Well, I have trillian. that includes both.
I haven't used one of those systems yet, but basically that should work. If you want you can give me your - ähem - Yahoo or Msn number..? Or how does that work with them?
christian   Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:27 pm GMT
Don't want to any longer? ;)
beginner   Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:43 pm GMT
To CHRISTIAN
I have the same problem like you but in swedish. like you said I understand what the swedish people say and when I read and listen to TV but it´s very difficalt for me to make my own sentence in disscusions. I feel like it takes very long time for me to make a sentence and it is very difficalt to find the right words even the simpliest word.
Yes, like you say the words you need when you want to say something, they never come up in your mind in a disscusion. I want to find a method for this problem but I don´t get any one yet. And this makes me mad because I´ve been here in Sweden nearly 10 years but I just understand people and can not talking with them and I can not go to colledge just because I´m scared that people can not understand what I´m saying.

PLEASE HELP US ANYONE IN HERE. Í´M REALLY THANKFUL FOR ANY OF ADVICE FROM ALL OF YOU.
Mark   Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:57 pm GMT
ok CHRISTIAN in that case i would suggest you to do is to listen to american radio channels in which they carry on live talk shows and they can give you an idea how to usethe right word at a particular situation secondly try makin a friend on internet an american friend probably and communicate with em on yahoo audio chat .
That would do you some good.
Guest   Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:05 pm GMT
beginner

I have the same problem like you but in swedish>>>>>>>>>>

ok BEGINNER my humble suggestion would be to get yourself indulged in local people how can you speak a new language unless you speak in public.
Secondly you have to read and listen a lot of stuff of Swedish though u r doin it but my experience tells me that becauseu were shy and u didnt communicate much in swedish to public so much so thats the reason u r not proficient in it.
Ull only learn to operate computers if ull operate a computer otherwiseu can rot learn the whole manual but still wont be able to operate it.
beginner   Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:43 pm GMT
To Guest

Ull only learn to operate computers if ull ---- RIGHT

Can you tell me what to do now .... I don´t have problem with swedish pronounciating, understand books (have red a lot) ,TV, and people, my swedish vocabulary is quite big, bigger than my english but I know that I can not write this simple english letter in swedish. I know one thing I just know some english words but I can use them to explain what I want to say, but can not do the same thing in swedish although I have maybe thounsends of swedish words more than english. it feels like I have too little active vocabulary.
Mark   Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:52 pm GMT
I know one thing I just know some english words but I can use them to explain what I want to say, but can not do the same thing in swedish although I have maybe thounsends of swedish words more than english. it feels like I have too little active vocabulary. >>>>>>>>>

ok Beginner in that case if u r havin problem in composition and writing Swedish or English besides having a sound vocaboulary of both,i would suggest you to study in detail grammar of both books of some authentic writers note down the sentence structure then the MOST IMPORTANT is to practice take everydays topics things news your whole day diary write about all of above mentioned topics then evaluate it by checkin sentence structure vocaboulary u r using.

Just practice writing just learn it like kids memorize where an authentic writer uses a particular word why he uses and memorize the usage>
It will require practice alot .
The words uve learned already or u r learning today start recalling them and see their usage at different occasions check their usage in some gooddictionary with thesarus & start using them in your daily composition.
Make a diary and do all the writing stuff and get it checkedby some good teacher
beginner   Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:42 pm GMT
to MARK
thanks a lot ...ill try to do like you said. I´ve read an article in here about active vocaboulary and things you said sounds like a good method to change my passive vocaboulary to active, because I just know each word´s meaning but I haven´t really studied where and how to use it. thanks again.