Celtic languages

LAA   Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:59 pm GMT
I would like to learn more about Celtic tounges. I don't really know much about them, and I would really appreciate if someone could let me in on what they know on the matter. We don't really seem to talk about Celtic languages on this board. Almost all of our discussions are on West Germanic or Romance languages.

Of course, only if you have the time. Brennus is a Celtic name, so perhaps you like Celtic languages.
Sander   Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:01 pm GMT
>> Almost all of our discussions are on West Germanic or Romance languages <<

Let us stay realistic, so leave out "West Germanic", and replace "discussions" with "rants".
LAA   Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:12 pm GMT
Would you like to add anything meaningful or constructive to this discussion Sander, or will you be content to spew your usual contemptous criticism, and not contribute anything?
Sander   Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:18 pm GMT
Well, are you saying my remarks are not representative for the current situation of this rant club, formally known as the Antimoon forum?
Anti LAA   Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:22 pm GMT
LAA,

I would like to add anything meaningful or constructive: buy a book on Celtic languages, another on Germanic languages, another on Romance languages, another on History of Europe, another on Comparative Linguistics, make your own Forum, call it "The sapience kingdom of LAA", buy language courses, etc., etc., etc., ad nauseam, but please, leave us a rest in this forum.
greg   Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:57 am GMT
LAA : commence par aller faire un tour sur Wikipédia.
Gwennaël Breitzh   Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:30 am GMT
You would like to know but you can't. Your eyes are closed.
LAA   Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:54 pm GMT
How could my eyes be closed, if I have openly stated that I don't know much about Celtic languages? Most of what I know about the Celtic language family is what I have learned from others on Antimoon.

Don't presume to know who I am. It makes you sound arrogant, as if you're some omniscient seer, who feels he can pass sentence on a person from accross the Atlantic Ocean, whom he has never met.
greg   Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:59 pm GMT
LAA : pourquoi faut-il toujours que tes interventions se soldent par des envolées narcissiques qui n'intéressent ***PERSONNE*** ?
LAA   Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:38 pm GMT
????
Sergio   Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:52 pm GMT
(roughly) Translation:

LAA: why is it always necessary that your contributions in this forum are full of narcisistic remarks which NO ONE cares about?
Gwennaël Breitzh   Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:12 pm GMT
LAA,

I don't see why w should learn you something. You know the answers before learning anything.

At list, you well say that welsh are germans and sottish are scandinavians.
LAA   Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:24 pm GMT
If I sound narisistic it's only because of my rebuttal to people's slanderous comments about me, as if they know me.
Anti LAA   Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:27 pm GMT
LAA,

I wanted to make something clear, from other thread. I am not fab, I am not Guest, and as I stated the last time, I won't speak out my mind on you again.
LAA   Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:18 pm GMT
Then you just suddenly arrived on Antimoon, immediately adopting the name, "Anti-LAA"? I find that hard to believe.

More than likely you are Greg, who arrogantly refuses to converse in any language but French. But to get your points accross to me, you assumed an alias, so that you could freely write in English.