Do you listen music in other languages than your ?

fab   Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:49 pm GMT
To escape to the belliquous tentencies in the precendent topics, we could speak about what "adoucie les moeurs" and unify the peoples : music !

I am personally an amateur of Spanish speaking music, even I don't know all of them and would discover more.

Besides the classical cubans such as Celia Cruz, Compay Segundo or the argentinean Carlos Gardel. I also know Some Spanish (from Spain) traditional music or more sanish pop as Bebe, Mecano, La oreja de Van Gogh. I listen quite a lot of Bachata/Merengue music (I like very much Republica dominicana). As well do you know Manu Chao and Mano Negra ?
LAA   Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:37 pm GMT
I listen to tons of music in Spanish. I'm also a "Latin dancer" with a dance studio, so I'm exposed to all kinds of Latin American music every Wednesday.

But I listen to a lot of Italian songs like, "Con te Partiro", "In trutina", "In Pace". I have a lot of Italian songs memorized by heart.

Other than that, I listen mainly to rock music, which is almost always done in English, even by famous European bands like "the Hives".
LAA   Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:40 pm GMT
And of course, during family get togethers, I'm subjected to Mexican "Ranchero" music. I don't like that very much though, because it reminds me of a Mexican version of Country Western music.

But I do like a lot of Mexican classics like "La Bamba".

Chinese punk-rock is hilarious to listen to. Especially girl Chinese punk-rock bands. They sound so silly.
LAA   Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:41 pm GMT
Oh, and I almost forgot. The one German song I've ever listened to that has a catchy beat is the '80s hit, "99 Red Balloons". I don't remember what it was in German though.