Where is this speaker from?

Rom   Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:22 pm GMT
>>hmm you sure thats not 'brother' and not bother ...<<
It's certainly not 'brother'. It's: 'Bother, father spilled hot coffee in the car park.'
Rom   Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:39 pm GMT
>>well the way they pronounce the vowels ... and I got a few ppl around here to actually say the phrase ... almost matchs.<<
Do they make 'bother' sound like 'brother'?
ec   Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:41 pm GMT
actually the reverse .. makes brother .. sound like bother ...
Rom   Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:08 pm GMT
Ah. No. This speaker makes a clear distinction between 'brother' and 'bother'.
Guest   Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:28 am GMT
The woman speaker certainly has a very strong lisp :-)
super   Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:31 am GMT
hey! who recorded me with out asking!? jus kidding. but it does sound like a fellow torontonian.
ec   Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:18 pm GMT
How about we just say where its from ... I think its about time?!
Rom   Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:33 pm GMT
Hmm. It's really that difficult?
Tom K.   Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:52 pm GMT
I didn't think so, but it's not exactly the most obvious accent. My guess is Canadian.
Rom   Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:45 pm GMT
OK, it might be Canadian. But which province of Canada?
Tom K.   Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:56 am GMT
All I can tell is that it's not from the Maritime Provinces. Other than that I don't know; as far as I know Canadian speech isn't very different west of Montreal.
Rom   Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:08 pm GMT
>>All I can tell is that it's not from the Maritime Provinces<<
That is true.
american nic   Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:19 am GMT
Ontario?
Guest   Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:00 pm GMT
Well... I'm from Toronto and I can tell you that people who live in metropolitan Canada speak like that, but when you start heading out into the smaller towns the speech becomes more "traditionally" Canadian (aka Newfie). I find that this is true all over North America... in big cities the speech is generally more "Generic North American", like this person, but you start getting into more pronounced accents in the smaller cities and towns.
Neil   Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:43 am GMT
All I can say is that I didn't hear anything that would be inconsistent with standard urban Canadian English west of the Maritimes. It could possibly be Toronto.

It could be from somewhere else, but that would mean I missed something important.