/r/

Pete   Sun May 06, 2007 1:10 pm GMT
<<Je pense que beaucoup d'Anglophones ont par exemple du mal à s'identifier en tant qu'Anglophones car ils ont tendence à penser que c'est le cas de tout le monde de parler Anglais, et donc pensent que ce n'est pas une chose qui les défini.>>

Maybe not everyone speaks English. But they should because is the world Lingua Franca. Besides, I consider it to be a matter of consideration. If a person who is not French starts a thread in English so everyone can understand... why answer in French or any other language? I think that'd be allright if the man who started the thread was a French speaking person, but he isn't.

That's a very bad habit of you, French people. You usually post things in French where it doesn't belong or when it's not necessary. Spanish speaking people also do this. But there's a great difference, Spanish speakers who commint this form of disrespect (That's what it is, in my opinion) only troll around or post non-sense. But you, French lot, you sometimes post interesting ideas, maybe important points; that we are not able to read because we don't understand your language that well.

Anyway, I know... I know that this single post will NOT change anything because you, French people, are just going to keep on doing the same for ever. I bet my life that the next answer coming from you will be in French, Greg will never post anything in English here at antimoon anymore, etc. I'm bored of this but it's something we'll have to put up with.

Regards

Pete from Peru
A-S   Sun May 06, 2007 2:08 pm GMT
If you don't undestand french, I can read in basque! Why not?!

Pete, ez duzu ulertzen euskara? Ok... :)

<<why answer in French or any other language? I think that'd be allright if the man who started the thread was a French speaking person, but he isn't. >>

Don't ask this question, French were always like that!

<<Anyway, I know... I know that this single post will NOT change anything because you, French people, are just going to keep on doing the same for ever.>>

Exactement, French isn't hard to undestand, if you know already Spanish and English, French it's a plus.
C'est une certaine indépendance que nous tenons à respecter.
Me, I take time to give you a version in French and in English, in case you would have noticed it.

But my dear Pete, is not that, you have to say.
Greg isn't an enemy, he just writes in French, it's the evil?
You should rather affect the jerks who have racial and segregationist comments.
Besides, Greg knows better that whoever the linguistic, it would be harmful for the forum to make him leave.

<<I bet my life that the next answer coming from you will be in French, Greg will never post anything in English here at antimoon anymore, etc. I'm bored of this but it's something we'll have to put up with. >>

Put you at first the following question:
Why Greg write in French?
There is always a reason...

<< If a person who is not French starts a thread in English so everyone can understand... >>

False! I know many persons that don't know English, but they use translators.

<<Spanish speaking people also do this. But there's a great difference, Spanish speakers who commint this form of disrespect (That's what it is, in my opinion)>>

Mon opinion est divergente, je connais aussi bien le peuple espagnol que le peuple français, mais je ne donnerai pas mon opinion, par respect.
--------------------
Mi opinión es divergente, conozco tanto al pueblo español como el pueblo francés, pero no daré mi opinión, por el respeto de cada uno.

I am really disrespectful? the person who said "nobody likes French", "Airbust", "frogs", etc... is respectful?

A question for Moderators:
Why delete messages of "Journée internationale de la Francophonie!" who aren't propaganda messages for French, but to show the holiday of the French-speaking world, on March 20th, why get rid the messages written in German?
Why do not to get rid of "bullshit" topics as:

"Which language sounds the worst??"
"Declining Russian population and language..."
"Spanish...so limited!"
"French-speaking Madagascar votes for English"
"Mouvement Montréal Français"
"Future of the languages?"

Agur!
Euskal Herriko Irrintzi.

Zurentzat "un regalo":

http://www.lexilogos.com/traduction_multilingue.htm
Pete   Fri May 11, 2007 4:30 am GMT
<<But my dear Pete, is not that, you have to say.
Greg isn't an enemy, he just writes in French, it's the evil?>>

I've never said that. I've only said it's a bad habit of them to write in French where it doesn't belong or where it's not needed, just that.

<<You should rather affect the jerks who have racial and segregationist comments.
Besides, Greg knows better that whoever the linguistic, it would be harmful for the forum to make him leave.>>

Maybe, but his comments would be A GREAT DEAL more useful if they were posted in English. Everyone could understand. I speak English, Spanish and Italian, which makes understanding French less difficult. But anyway there are phrases and expressions that I don't get. :(

<<False! I know many persons that don't know English, but they use translators.>>

It isn't false. It's true that some people use translators to start controversial threads and then troll around. But that's not the case here. The man who started the thread was an Anglophone, who evedently doesn't speak French. So answering in any language but English will not help him. And putting him down because he doesn't speak such a beautiful language like French or such a widely spoken language in America like Spanish... that's disrespect.

<<I am really disrespectful? the person who said "nobody likes French", "Airbust", "frogs", etc... is respectful?>>

Those are indeed disrespectful. And people using French when nobody else want or need it are showing one-upmanship.
Pete   Fri May 11, 2007 4:32 am GMT
<<Those are indeed disrespectful. And people using French when nobody else want or need it are showing one-upmanship.>>

I should have ended my sentence like:

...one-upmanship, which is some sort of pretentious form of disrespect.

Kind regards

Pedro de Perú