Do you think Spanish will replace French ?

Guest   Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:49 am GMT
greg Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:51 pm GMT
sergio ramos : « i love french, spanish is my native tongue but i think that spanish has already replace french long ago. »

L'espagnol n'a pas "remplacé" le français : les deux langues occupent des positions différentes. Le français est irremplaçable. L'espagnol aussi.

Don't think so.
French has become "the minority language" of the world. One day, it will like "Scandinavian languages" which no one seems to learn.
Tiffany   Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:11 am GMT
<<Benjamin : « L'anglais est (malheureusement) ma langue maternelle. »
C'est triste de penser ça. Pourquoi un tel sentiment ?>>

I am in total agreement with greg. Same question in English. Why "unfortunately"?
Benjamin   Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:13 am GMT
Lol, I probably wasn't being entirely serious. It's just that I don't really have any emotional attachment to the English language at all. I also wish that I didn't have to contend with all the negative stereotypes about native English speakers (ignorant, linguistically disabled, imperialist etc.).
greg   Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:19 am GMT
« Guest » : « Don't think so. French has become "the minority language" of the world. One day, it will like "Scandinavian languages" which no one seems to learn. »

Toutes les langues sont appelées à disparaître — au moins sous leur forme actuelle.

En attendant : http://www2.ignatius.edu/faculty/turner/worldlang.htm .

Et le français reste toujours la 2e langue la plus apprise dans le monde, et surtout, partout dans le monde.
Chinese   Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:17 am GMT
Spanish can Never replace French!
Real Chinese   Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:32 pm GMT
Chinese Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:17 am GMT
Spanish can Never replace French!

French has already been replaced by Spanish.
Guest   Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:33 pm GMT
I suggest French service at all international organizations shall be stopped,and more Spanish service shall be provided.
Guest   Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:35 pm GMT
How conservative you guys are!

French replaced Latin,and surely Spanish shall replace French.
If you don't admit it,please get a life and you'd know the reality of the world.
Chinese   Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:04 am GMT
RE: Real Chinese <French has already been replaced by Spanish.>

When? Where? And How? Why haven't I found the obvious change as yet?

And If you're really a Chinese, how could you predicate this issue in China?
Real Chinese   Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:41 am GMT
Chinese Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:04 am GMT
RE: Real Chinese <French has already been replaced by Spanish.>

When? Where? And How? Why haven't I found the obvious change as yet?

And If you're really a Chinese, how could you predicate this issue in China?

Please read this article "in Chinese".
If you know Chinese, you will find a sentence "French is gradullay replaced and Spanish becomes important"

http://www.nihaotw.com/bbs/bbs_content.asp?id=465853
Chinese   Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:29 am GMT
RE: Real Chinese

Yes, I'm a Chinese(Mandarin) native speaker. And I have read through this article offered by you. But I still believe that French has an advantage over Spanish, because whether a language is important or not, doesn't only depend on its population amount, we should count in its integrative power.
Yes, French is also spoken in poor Africa, but most of people try to learn French because they want to communicate with the French-speaking world in Europe and Canada. Only one country-France, might makes us feel that it's really worthy of studying French, and not to mention other countries. But I don't think that I will try to learn Spanish because of Spain or Latin America, Latin America is still very poor and laggard, and Spain is also not as good as Germany, France, and Italy in many respects, it's not the truth??
Guest   Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:15 am GMT
<< But I don't think that I will try to learn Spanish because of Spain or Latin America, Latin America is still very poor and laggard, and Spain is also not as good as Germany, France, and Italy in many respects, it's not the truth?? >>

China is poorer than Spain or L.A. so Chinese can't be interesting for anybody according to your logic. Your reasoning is absolutely superficial and materialist. There are more reasons for somebody to learn a language, more than an economic situation.
Chinese   Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:25 am GMT

Actually some large cities of China are not poorer than Spain, and most of these cities are sure richer than Latin America. It's not an exaggeration.
Chinese   Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:31 am GMT
European have much more salaries than Chinese, but they need to pay much more for its High-Price social structure, everything is correspondingly.
Guest   Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:41 am GMT
Cities are not rich, people is rich and China is a society of poor workers exploited by multinational companies who make good buildings so don't fool yourself.

"European have much more salaries than Chinese"

L.A. as well or otherwise why do you think that those companies prefer to move to China ? If those companies one day decide to leave China things would be as decades ago. It's not an exaggeration.