Audio File of English pronunciation

Robin   Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:07 am GMT
This little audio file will help you develop your English accent. The accent is not quite the normal RP (Received Pronunciation), it is a little bit more 'West Country'.

http://loadingreadyrun.com/showmovie.php?x=480&y=360&url=talklikepirate.mov

Please do not accuse me of plagiarism. I am doing this for the good of humanity, and not self publicity.
Guest   Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:14 am GMT
Not again. Stop repeating!
Robin   Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:53 pm GMT
I thought it was very good and it made some interesting points, although I am not sure what they were. Didn't you find the difference between the characters speech, and the commentary, interesting? Do you not think that the character's speech was just an exaggerated example of a regional dialect?

If I want to stop repeating, I will have to avoid eating Mackerel.
Sam   Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:48 pm GMT
I want to learn English language like a american people in order to learn english laguage very well what should I do
Guest   Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:12 pm GMT
First thing, eat a lot of burgers and drink a lot of beverages. Second thing, learn some swear words and slang, and watch a lot of American sitcoms and movies. All set for you to speak like an American. Just do it daily.
Liz   Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:06 am GMT
<<First thing, eat a lot of burgers and drink a lot of beverages. Second thing, learn some swear words and slang, and watch a lot of American sitcoms and movies. All set for you to speak like an American. Just do it daily.>>

Don't be such a chauvinist. What makes you think that Americans swear more than an ordinary Brit or anyone else? Besides, not only Americans use slang, as far as I'm aware.
Eating a lot of burgers and drinking a lot of beverages...hm...what about chavs?

You can do all of these things and still speak with a British accent.