MJD - Are Attempts to Explain the Antimoon Name Forbidden?

Geoff_One   Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:35 am GMT
MJD. Is it now current policy to forbid any attempts to explain the antimoon name? I was surprized and bewildered by the speed at which two recent topics relating to attempts to explain the Antimoon name were deleted, especially the last one. This is extraordinarily suspicious - It appears that I have come too close for comfort. I note that previous versions of this topic (Early 2005 and October 2003) were allowed to run their course. I apoligize for striking a raw nerve with the upper echelons
of the hierarchy here. I thought that there was a time when the creators of the web site were most interested in watching forum members try to work out the name. Don't worry I will lay off this sort of topic. As far as the name is concerned you can consider me to be a non participating de-facto member of the hierarchy.

It is only speculation that I have come too close for comfort.
Geoff_One   Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:59 am GMT
MJD, Thanks for the feedback. If you like to do this, and you think Tom likes to do this, then why were the two recent topics that I started on the subject removed? From what you have said, is that a green light to bring back the information that was in those two topics? Sorry to press you - You don't have to answer these questions. Perhaps I will try to concentrate more on languages and linguistics here.
Geoff_One   Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:18 am GMT
>> From what you have said, is that a green light to bring back the information that was in those two topics? << I actually had
more information to strengthen my case. For the time being
I will leave such things to MJD and Tom. Oh well, back to
languages and linguistics.
Geoff_One   Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:22 am GMT
mjd, Thanks - good answer.
Adam   Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:15 pm GMT
I know why It's called Antimoon, but it's a secret and I'm not telling anybody.
Sander   Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:18 pm GMT
yeah, and I know your real father, but it's a secret and I'm not telling anybody.
Sanja   Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:37 pm GMT
I don't understand why it should be a secret - people should know why the forum was called like that.
Ecko   Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:43 am GMT
You've displeased the elites with your questioning. The Antimoon Gestapo is now on its way to your house. Resistance is futile.
Cro Magnon   Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:59 pm GMT
It got its name because Tom is against people who drop their pants & flash people.
Easterner   Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:51 am GMT
On reason that the forum is called Antimoon might be that the name itself sounds so mysterious and enticing, able to elicit questions that hardly anybody can answer... :)

I tend to think the name must be a metaphor of some sort that is in some subtle ways related to the common peculiarity of all languages... After all, most foreign languages sound mysterious and enticing, prompting you to learn them to decipher what they're all about...