I need your help,dude

China ye   Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:36 am GMT
here's a joke:
If a man talks dirty to a woman it's sexual harassment If a woman talks dirty to a man it's nine dollars a minute
but what's the "nine dollars a minute" mean? it must be a piece of slang i suppose.
Thanks!
Frances   Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:26 pm GMT
I think it refers to phone lines that you call for phone sex. Usually these lines have expensive rates to call, in this case $9 per minute.
China ye   Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:38 pm GMT
can you make it more clear?I'm sorry i can't get through with you
Guest   Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:11 pm GMT
This is called a double standard.

If a man talks dirty to a woman (a stranger) it's seen as sexual harassment but, if a man wants a woman to talk dirty to him, he has to pay for it!
Candy   Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:09 pm GMT
<<if a man wants a woman to talk dirty to him, he has to pay for it! >>

Well, he doesn't *have to*, does he?

<<This is called a double standard. >>

No, it isn't.
Tiffany   Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:22 pm GMT
I don't think he understand what nine dollars a minute means. It means that for every minute he talks to her, he gets charged nine dollars. Say he's on the phone with her for three minutes, so at 9 dollars a minute and a total of three minutes, that's 27 dollars (9 x 3 = 27)
Uriel   Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:00 am GMT
Nine dollars per minute. Nine dollars for every minute that she talks dirty to him.

(Wow! I need to quit my day job!)
Guest   Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:02 am GMT
<< <<This is called a double standard. >>

No, it isn't.>>

In the context of the joke, it most certainly is a double standard.

The morals here relating to sexual conduct, imposed on men, do not apply as rigidly to women. That's the primary theme of the joke.
Candy   Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:32 am GMT
Whatever. I really can't be bothered to argue sexual politics here.

I agree with Uriel - why can't I earn 9 dollars a minute! ;)

BTW 'Guest', at least post under a name!
Candy lover   Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:14 am GMT
I'm not arguing over sexual politics, I was explaining the joke!
Candy   Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:20 am GMT
Yes, I get the joke, hilarious though it, uhm, isn't! ;)
My point was, the joke makes no sense without a wider knowledge of sexual politics (oh God, this is definitely my last post on this silly subject!)

'Candy lover' is an excellent name - keep posting! :-)
Candy lover   Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:38 am GMT
Sorry for unnerving your self-absorbing sentiment but I was explaining the joke to the thread starter to put his question into perspective. Since it may have made no sense, I'm sure the extra term may have helped.

Yum :)
Candy   Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:10 am GMT
<<Sorry for unnerving your self-absorbing sentiment>>

Makes no sense to me. Are you a native English speaker? If so, why can't you write a correct sentence?
Candy lover   Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:17 am GMT
Too bad. Yes I am a native English speaker. If I knew it was incorrect, I wouldn't have written it. Duh!

You're just upset and trying to get back at me. Muahaha :P
Candy lover   Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:22 am GMT
Instead of my vile wording above, how about "rattling your cage"? Does that make more sense to you?