Australian English.

Candy   Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:50 pm GMT
Yeah, yeah!!
Still, Ashes and Rugby World Cup.....:-)
And sport just isn't such a big deal in Britain as in Australia.
Sander   Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:53 pm GMT
=>Yeah, yeah!!<=

Lol, I don't post this things to offend the normal british :-) just to slap Adamn in the face.
Candy   Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:58 pm GMT
I know! :-)
No offence taken.
Adam   Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:14 pm GMT
"And sport just isn't such a big deal in Britain as in Australia. "

No? You could have fooled me.

Just look at football. There are more football fans in Britain than there are PEOPLE in Australia.

The projected number of fans expected to turn up at Premiership games this season (2005/06) is expected to be about 13.5 million, and that's lower than what it's been in previous years.
Sander   Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:15 pm GMT
=>There are more football fans in Britain than there are PEOPLE in Australia.<=

WOW how is that possible?Oh maybe because you have a higher population?!
Adam   Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:16 pm GMT
"No Adam.... not really.

1 United States , 103
2 Russia, 92
3 China , 63
4 Australia , 49
5 Germany , 49
6 Japan , 37
7 France , 33
8 Italy , 32
9 South Korea , 30
10 Great Britain , 30 "

That was in last year's Olympics, but the total amount in all Olympics for the last 100 years or so puts Britain in third place, behind USA and Russia.

And Holland isn't even in the top ten, I see.
Sander   Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:19 pm GMT
=>And Holland isn't even in the top ten, I see. <=
Holland is a province, provinces don't participate in the Olypics.
Candy   Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:27 pm GMT
<<The projected number of fans expected to turn up at Premiership games this season (2005/06) is expected to be about 13.5 million>>

But that's not 13.5 million different people, is it?
Frances   Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:06 pm GMT
Quoting myself: "AntiAussie - roo tastes like chicken but looks like a white steak when cooked and has its consistency. "

Sorry, thats crocodile.

Kangaroo is darker meat, much like steak in colour. I've only had it as a procuitto and it was *horrible*. Funny taste and texture.
Uriel   Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:38 am GMT
I've had alligator, which must be similar to crocodile. It's white meat, but a little fishy. Can't say it thrilled me. I've only had kangaroo as sausage, so god knows what it tastes like alone.
Guest   Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:27 am GMT
Adam wrote - "England teams dont compete in the Olympics, but Britain got about 10 gold medals in the 2004 Athens Olympics."

That's right and is why I just assumed the English didn't win any Gold but rather all those other Britons (Scots, Irish, Welsh, the non-Northern English, etc) did for Britain.

Adam wrote - "That was in last year's Olympics, but the total amount in all Olympics for the last 100 years or so puts Britain in third place, behind USA and Russia."

Of course in earlier times when Britain was an empire it was able to exploit its position. But in recent Olympic times, almost nada in comparison!
Guest   Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:10 am GMT
<<Quoting myself: "AntiAussie - roo tastes like chicken but looks like a white steak when cooked and has its consistency. "

Sorry, thats crocodile.

Kangaroo is darker meat, much like steak in colour>>

Yeah it's easy to confuse crocodile with kangaroo!
Carl Hooper   Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:11 pm GMT
That's am'eizing! (wasn't the fast show great? Heavenly!)

What a lame discussion. I'd better not taken the responsability to answer, but the sketch with the dunny beetle crossed my mind, I just had to post something.
AntiAussie   Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:20 am GMT
"Yeah it's easy to confuse crocodile with kangaroo!"

well duh! there both water dwelling carnivores in the rodent family.
Uriel   Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:20 am GMT
Ah yes, the famous Amphibious Carnivorous Roo, who lurks in still waters, waiting to nab the unwary sheep...