Best way to Learn British English?

I'm Confused Now   Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:20 pm GMT
London's economy is larger than Scotland's Ireland's, Finland's, Norway's and Denmark's.

Denmark makes Lego eh? Lot of economic pump there?
Beat Up Damian   Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:21 pm GMT
Sorry I'm in no fit state to report with any degree of clarity....at lunchtime today I went out to get a pizza but was knocked to the ground by a gang of kilties brandishing their dirks and on the way back from casualty at the nearby hospital I was ambushed by two guys wearing clan tartan face masks and they made off with my pizza so I went to the cop shop to report the incident when this little old lady jumped out at me from behind a lampost and hit me over the head with her handbag sixteen times so it was back to casualty again for some attention and after they'd patched me up I ventured out into Edinburgh's mean streets again and set off back to the office but some nutter started taking pot shots at me with his catapult from the second stage of the multi storey car park so I took flight and rushing round the corner I ran slap bang into this six foot eight guy who took offence at me and thumped me so hard that I blacked out. I don't know much about what happened next unil I came round here at home. My stepdad was so annoyed that I was late home and missed dinner and so annoying my Mum that he beat me up and now I can't go out tonight so I'm sulking in my room. Pity as I shall miss punch-up night down at the pub.
Rolls   Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:23 pm GMT
I see -

Ariel, don't you see the tension between Sander and Adam, there should be test of the mind, Sander provides facts and Adam provides facts, and after a number of facts - see who has the most true statements, the winner recieves an Antimoon Master T-Shirt!

What do you think...
Sander   Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:25 pm GMT
I think you're just looking for sensation.
Rolls   Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:25 pm GMT
Wow Damien, so Adam was right...But the old lady, surely you could outrun her...

According to your description - Scotland is a land of people that knock other people out, should I be thinking Braveheart battle scene here...

LOL
Devastated Damian   Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:26 pm GMT
Hey I just got a text message from my mate down in London....he says there are now fourteen stores altogether now in London...they just opened a sex aids store in Stepney and a pie shop in Putney which seels mushy peas every other Friday.

**Surely Scotland has some assets...**

It sure has...just look this way, babe. :-)
Rolls   Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:27 pm GMT
Your right, sensation - even there, sensation I hardly ever here that being used, good word to utilize,

Like that movie is gonna be a sensation!
Dopey Damian   Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:28 pm GMT
I TOLD you I was crap tonight! seels = sells

she sells sea shells on Shoreham shore
Victoria of Scots   Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:28 pm GMT
Really? Nice one...
Victoria is a Man Mate!   Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:30 pm GMT
Are you the Bruce or the Earl mate?
Damian   Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:31 pm GMT
If Braveheart were to wander down Glasgow way any Saturday night nowadays he'd be considered a wimp.

No ROLLS old Chum..... I couldnae stand a chance against that old biddie...she was on roller skates.
Devastating Damian   Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:32 pm GMT
**Are you the Bruce or the Earl mate? **

I'm the good looking one
Candy   Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:32 pm GMT
London's economy IS bigger than Scotland's, but then so is the population. Scotland has around 5 million people I believe (Damian??) and London has about 7.5 million.
Damian   Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:40 pm GMT
**I think you're just looking for sensation. **

Och nah! This is Adam's Scotland apparently.....happens every day. Even the cops beat up the cops here.
Rolls   Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:40 pm GMT
Wow, that rough eh? What shall me do, wear me kilt and take out my Bagpipe? What will stop the dangerous biddies on roller skates, perhaps Adam and Sander can word battle...

Anyway... Check out my new English - British style writing - correct me if I am wrong anywhere?

"On my way down to Tavington, I chanced upon a great and fiercesome foe, in which my sword could not strike even one blow. So off I went on my merry way, when alas, my old chum Dr. Henson came around. He asked if I had been reading the news of late...I had not. What did he mean...And at that moment Adam and Sander from a great platform came out and battled sword striked sword, word for word. Finally, at the last minute Damien came in and Ariel also and stated the following -

This is a forum for learning English
So stop eating Fish
and stating facts
that have no impacts
but are all very taxed

Then Sander and Adam joined forces with Ariel and Damien and the they became best of pals.

A proper mate
to cherish
is best for traits
not so bearish
so to visit kate
and not be nightmarish

"

Ok, EVERYBODY I was not at a pub just now...

LOL