Sander   Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:40 pm GMT
=>I'm living with a Scot, OH MY GOD!!!! <=

Do what you have to do Candy!Remember:'Quick and silent!'
Rolls for me Chums   Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:51 pm GMT
Aye mate!

So thats what I am using...

English Upper Class Britspeak circa 1920s

Interesting...

Some of the words you used I am a bit stuck on mate...

one lump or two old bean?
????

Indian or china?
Are you refering to tea?
"
You really must try the cucumber sandwiches
Of course mate, jolly good they are.

...fresh from Fortnum and Mason you know!
Locations, eh?

Cheerio...pip pip!

Pip Pip - never heard of it.

I came up with this definition.

"The small seed of a fruit, as that of an apple or orange."

What about the word blag, is that used often when saying something is robbed.
Candy   Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:05 pm GMT
<<Do what you have to do Candy!Remember:'Quick and silent!' >>

LOL!!!!!
Riko   Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:15 pm GMT
why don't you go homeless in London for a few days, say sleep outside of Victoria station with literally DOZENS of unfortuneate londoners and refugees, walk around aimlessly around Euston and Holborn, get thrown out of hostels in Bayswater, and be kicked out of a cab literally on the curb somewhere in west london and have to walk the rest of the way to terminal 4 heathrow. and once you reach the airport of course you'll receive the frisking and general discrimatory practise that most UK airpots utilize. That will teach alot of English.
Sander   Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:17 pm GMT
Better than getting killed under a Parisian Bridge.
Rolls for me Chums   Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:19 pm GMT
Why would I do that If I bring 200,000 quid and plan to stay at Hilton London...

I can go to Manhattan if I want to see and deal that and I have actually...
Rolls is like what are th   Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:21 pm GMT
"Better than getting killed under a Parisian Bridge."

Is that a tourist attraction?
Rolls for me Chums   Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:27 pm GMT
Ricko - As regards the frisking that happens here too...

In terms of the UK language, I don't think I would learn proper usage more slang if I do as you suggested...

I want more RP , so I would go to the Southeast, take a tour of Oxford, check out some Meateaters or whatever you call those dudes with the hats and Old English style, it looks as if you are suggesting I see the negative aspects mate, I'll take the good with the bad and observe it both mate, also like the way Mike Skinner from the streets talks from the North is interesting even though as you say it is kind of like your description...
Rolls   Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:31 pm GMT
get thrown out of hostels in Bayswater, and be kicked out of a cab literally on the curb somewhere in west london

Why would that happen only if you attempt to get a free cab, free hostel and free anything, UR TELLING me walking about aimlessly is not allowed mate? You can do that all day in NYC and nobody would care. Even sitting in Hotel Lobbies for hours and nobody would bother you , surely the same in England eh?
Candy   Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:32 pm GMT
<<literally DOZENS of unfortuneate londoners and refugees>>
My God! Literally dozens, in a city of literally almost 8 million people!

<<once you reach the airport of course you'll receive the frisking and general discrimatory practise that most UK airpots utilize>>

And which airports aren't hyper-aware of security these days?
Where are you from, Riko? I'm sensing a certain hostility to the UK.
Rolls   Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:35 pm GMT
Rico

And it seems that it would be possible to aimlessly walk to the airport, at least thats an option...

Not likes in the countryside, then it would be harder, do you want the Full UK experience to be felt mate?
Guest   Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:40 pm GMT
"Where are you from, Riko? I'm sensing a certain hostility to the UK."

Me too...

NY is the same, his description is the exact same I have seen in NYC and JFK airport, all the same expect UK might be a little more stricter due to tighter laws eh?
Rolls   Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:51 pm GMT
I don't have 200,000 quid, although at the very least I would like to sit in the Hotel lobby of the London Hilton for at least an hour, how long before they throw me out?
UK Ambassador   Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:57 pm GMT
In NY I did that for 1 hour and half and then decided to leave, but nobody threw me out at that time, I left of my own will...
Riko   Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:58 pm GMT
I was stuck in London some time ago with *no money* and had a trying time. Things in NY are different. People will help you out, especially police officers, if you are in need. I (personally) and some other friends that I know who have been to London said that it is a very hectic/impersonal city where people are not like new yorkers at all.

I don't have anything against the UK. Why do you think this Candy? Oh, and I am from Earth. If London had a population of 40 million and 1 homeless person, that would be a tragedy, especially in such a wealthy nation. So yes, the dozens and perhaps hundreds that sleep outside of victoria station and the vicinity is a terrible tragedy.

I had to take the cab because forces beyond my control. I only had 50 pounds stashed away and a plane ticket. The cabbie left me off in this street. I don't remember the name. I had to look it up for you. But I did hear lots of different English including RP and there is no crash course like the above method.