What does "a Bit*h with a capital C" mean?

dude Who Knows   Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:44 am GMT
<<what is a cunt?>>

Literally it's a profane word meaning "vagina".
furrykef   Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:19 pm GMT
It's also an extremely vulgar word. Some (such as one poster early in the thread) say it may even be the worst word in the language, though I disagree. There are very few words that could be considered more intense, though. In any case, it's still extremely demeaning to use as an insult. It's considerably less offensive when the word is only hinted at, as in "bitch with a capital C", though using "bitch" as an insult isn't to be taken too lightly, either.

- Kef
Jim   Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:25 am GMT
"Quite a few websites (although not this one) have an automatic filter that bleeps out bad words," this is true, however, I don't believe that this is the whole reason for the strange prudish coyness with respect to such words.

This site isn't afflicted by such nonsense (Imagine if it were: "Learn English ... prudishly clean English ... effectively"), however, people still misspell the words ... force of habit? I think not.

"The thing about 'offensive words' when you see them in print, is that they are still 'offensive'." Yes, and I say no less so if you misspell them ... but p'haps that just me.

Impurethinker supposes "calling a man a cunt would be like calling him a pussy-- that is you aren't lit. calling him a woman but rather questioning his manhood." Nope, these'd be two quite different things. The latter would question his manhood, yes, but not the former. A man can be quite manly and still be a cunt.
Sara   Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:02 pm GMT
What is a cunt
Guest   Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:16 pm GMT
cunt, cunts

1 Cunt is an offensive word that some people use to refer to a woman's vagina. ( VERY RUDE)
N-COUNT

2 If someone calls another person a cunt, they are expressing contempt for that person. ( VERY RUDE)
N-COUNT disapproval
Rny2   Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:48 pm GMT
>>As far as I know it's more of an affectionate term, in Britain, and Australia. You would not however refer to a man as a cunt, affectionate or otherwise, in America. You could use bitch, however, to question his manhood.<<

Bitch is also used as in 'son of a bitch,' wherein you are insulting his mother and his lineage
furrykef   Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:18 pm GMT
<< What is a cunt >>

It is something that is found towards the end of the "c" portion of your dictionary. ;)

- Kef
Jim   Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:49 pm GMT
It is something that is found between the upper portion of your legs if you're a woman.
Guest   Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:06 pm GMT
A picture is better than five thousand words(though Jim did not use that many words in his post).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vagina
Allan Cameron   Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:30 pm GMT
<<< btw my well respected English dictionary also clearly states the meaning . . . . . >>>
What is this strange coyness in putting 'btw', instead of 'By the way'. (I assume that is what you meant). At least the other user of the abbreviation had the excuse that writing Bit*h, instead of Bitch, was an attempt to stymie the "bad word filter". What's your excuse? by the way.
furrykef   Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:39 pm GMT
Umm, it's common internet lingo. Even people who aren't inclined to use acronyms use that one all the time, including me. I'd say that anybody on the 'net should know these acronyms: LOL, BTW, WTF, BRB, AFK, ROFL, OMG. These, especially the first four, are universally used in chat and forums everywhere, even by those who tend not to use internet slang. You might not find them very often on this particular forum, since English learners may not be familiar with them, but there is nothing wrong with them.

- Kef
Guest   Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:57 pm GMT
LMAO seems to be very popular lately as well.

Guess AFK isn't used as often as it used to be?
furrykef   Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:49 pm GMT
Yeah, LMAO is an important one to know, too.
Guest   Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:12 pm GMT
What does "a Bit*h with a capital C" mean?

Answer: furrykef