Escrevamos em português!

Lusophone Wannabe   Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:22 am GMT
Não sei o que devemos discutir...têm algumas idéias?
Carlos (P)(e)(R)(u)   Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:08 pm GMT
No lusófono, no creo que haya muchos como tu aquí (lusófonos).
joan   Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:10 pm GMT
Nao sei como escrevir em potuguês, mais YOU DO, AND A LOT OF PEOPLE WILL UNDERSTAND YOU. It can be a bilingual thread.
Naldo   Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:54 pm GMT
Não há muitos mas há alguns.( Lusofonos) Nas varias vezes que houve um 'thread' em Português, o assunto quase sempre era o mesmo e morria em seguinte. Brasileiros argumentando que 'Brasileiro' era uma lingua distinta do Português de Portugal. O que é uma bobagem. É uma variação.
Entendo que 'wannabe' , quer dizer 'would like to be'?
Pense numa coisa como assunto e a gente já vê o que vai dar.
Carlos (P)(e)(R)(u)   Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:07 am GMT
El portugués hablado en Brasil es ligeramente diferente al portugués hablado en Portugal, como ha ocurrido con varios idiomas que varían de un lugar a otro, pero no es como para considerar de que es un "idioma aparte".
Paulistana Bacana   Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:53 pm GMT
We don't understand spoken Brazilian Portuguese. Therefore, all portuguese movies need to be dubbed or subtitled when shown here in Brazil. Last year two portuguese sitcoms were aired on a Brazilian tv station, but dubbed into Brazilian. We wouldn't be able to understand it .
Paulistana Bacana   Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:55 pm GMT
We don't understand spoken Continental Portuguese. Therefore, all portuguese movies need to be dubbed or subtitled when shown here in Brazil. Last year two portuguese sitcoms were aired on a Brazilian tv station (national tv station TV Bandeirantes), but dubbed into Brazilian. We wouldn't be able to understand it .
Easterner   Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:27 am GMT
Just out of curiosity, I have been wondering whether anybody can give an actual sample of an authentic dialogue in Continental Portuguese and its dubbed version into Brasilian Portuguese, or vice versa (although I suppose there might be differences in the spoken language that are not so easily represented in writing). This difference between the two varieties was discussed quite at length in an earlier thread, and I found it rather interesting that Brasilian Portuguese has evolved into almost a separate language (at least, this is what some of the posters there claimed).
Alison   Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:17 pm GMT
Easterner wrote:

"Just out of curiosity, I have been wondering whether anybody can give an actual sample of an authentic dialogue in Continental Portuguese and its dubbed version into Brasilian Portuguese, or vice versa (although I suppose there might be differences in the spoken language that are not so easily represented in writing). This difference between the two varieties was discussed quite at length in an earlier thread, and I found it rather interesting that Brasilian Portuguese has evolved into almost a separate language (at least, this is what some of the posters there claimed)."

Just like in an English dictionary where all the American words are listed with the word US before the word, the Portuguese dictionary identifies the Brazilian words with Bras. for all the Brazilian words. It is very easy to count all the Brazilian words I don't think there are enough words to start a new language, but then what can I say? Some people have a very limited vocabulary.

If a difference in the accent means a person is speaking a different language, a German that learns to speak Portuguese will be speaking Portuguese or another language? People can take 30 or more years to change an accent some never do.
Kreisson   Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:26 am GMT
Alisson should get updated. Brazilian dictionary Aurélio lists 25 273 Brazilian words used in Brasil on a regular basis, most of them are not used/understood in Portugal.

Portuguese knowledge of Brazilian Portuguese is limited to 1000 words that are used in Brazilian soap operas. Ask any Portuguese what is Camundongo or Garoa, and he will say WHAT? Camundongo is a house mouse, and Garoa is Drizzle.

Some differences:

''I don't like going to the disco.''

portuguese: Não me apetece ir à discoteca.
brazilian: Eu não estou a fim de ir na danceteria.

''Brown rat and gray mouse''

portuguese: ratazana castanha e rato cinzento
brazilian: rato marrom e camundongo cinza

''I love you''

portuguese: amo-te
brazilian: eu amo você, eu lhe amo, eu te amo

''Give me a call when you get home.''

portuguese: telefona-me quando chegares a casa
brazilian: liga pra mim quando você chegar em casa

''Pineapple ice cream''

portuguese: gelado de ananás
brazilian: sorvete de abacaxi

''Papaya juice''

portuguese: sumo de papaia
brazilian: suco de mamão

''I never go with street car. I always catch a bus.''

portuguese: Nunca vou de eléctrico. Apanho sempre autocarro.
brazilian: Eu nunca vou de bonde. Eu sempre pego ônibus.

''What will you (all) have for your breakfast?"'Sandwitch? Tangerine juice? Grapefruit juice?

portuguese: O que é que vocês vão tomar no vosso pequeno almoço?
Sandes? Sumo de tangerina? Sumo de toranja?

brazilian: o que vocês vão tomar no café de manhã de vocês?
Sanduiche? Suco de mexerica? Suco de pomelo?
Liene   Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:20 pm GMT
'no one here in the U.S. tries to deny that we speak English''

but you translate Harry Potter into American and you dubbed Mad Max (Australian film) into American
Kesong   Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:25 pm GMT
I think Dutch, Afrikaans and German are the same languages, and the same is true of Brazilian/Portuguese/Galician/Castillian
Sander   Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:29 pm GMT
=>I think Dutch, Afrikaans and German are the same languages<=

If that's true you can add classical Latin to the 'Brazilian/Portuguese/Galician/Castillian ' list.
Naldo   Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:06 pm GMT
«I think Dutch, Afrikaans and German are the same languages, and the same is true of Brazilian/Portuguese/Galician/Castillian »

Makes you wonder why they are given different names if they are the same.
Sander   Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:21 pm GMT
That was sarcasm you moron.