WRITEN ROMANIAN

nena   Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:10 pm GMT
hey, could someone tell me what does "....esti dragut....pari un baiat de treaba..." means? please!! thanks a lot!!
Ion   Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:59 am GMT
nena

Translation: You are nice...you appear to be a good person (boy)!
nena   Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:50 pm GMT
thanks ion... wow i feel good now!!
Ion   Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:46 pm GMT
You're welcome!
Guest   Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:31 pm GMT
What means a scai eu scaesc ? in romanian
Anca   Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:40 am GMT
Ce poate fi mai dulce decat sa spui pe limba ta ca te mandresti ca esti Romana si ca scuzati expresia ti se"rupe" de parerea altora despre limba ta.
Sa vedem acum cine poate intele ceea ce am scris eu.
Best regards. :))))))))))))))))))
Xavier   Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:45 pm GMT
Pai e cam cum zice Anca...
2992   Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:23 am GMT
...ideea e ca pana la urma romaneste suna bine doar pentru noi ca e limba noastra materna. Acum multi zic multe si si mai multi pricep ceva. Eu cred ca pana la urma amestecatura de latina cu slavica o avut un rezultat frumos. Acum nu e chiar ca trebuie sa ti se rupa de ce zic altii, ca doar asta e scopul forumului de aici: sa se descute pe o anumita tema. .. si nu uita draga mea anca "," ca traim inconjurati de oameni si trebuie sa ni se rupa asa putzintel si de altii, altfel am trai fiecare pe o insula si nimine langa noi sa ni se rupa de el.

Bafta! :P
---------------------
"I hate spam" - yeah, sure....
Pete   Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:06 pm GMT
<<All such topics are foolish provocations and not intellectual debates. The Romance speaker’s contribution to this forum is mainly IMBECILIC SPAM and LINGUISTIC BASHING. SHAME ON YOU! As a conclusion, your "ROMANCE" education must be very precarious, and you just tagged yourselves as professional idiots.>>

What is this? you relate the language someone speaks to the non-sense that some post here? Come on...

<<If Romanian is not Latin, nor Slavic (or maybe Slavic is in your opinion), what language is then? Esperanto?

If so, then I only have to be proud of my fellows peasants who learned this mixed language while working the fields, or feeding the sheep in the mountains ...>>

All that is only a lack of knowledge as you pointed out before. Romanian is a Romance language which was isolated and sorrounded by Slavic languages around the year 1500 AD. It's natural that it received some influence from Slavic sorrounding languages. And that's that, languages are always changing.

And you are right snobs usually kind of destroy the language by introducing English or French loans, but anyway that's the price we have to pay for Globalization.

My greetings to the Romanian People

Pete from Peru
2992   Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:22 am GMT
not just a little Slavic.... quite a lot. :(

Just remember: we were alone surrounded by all those Slavic languages for so many years... so... it's quite obvious WHY Romanian language sounds like a Slavic one and doesn't have anymore that "singing thing" from French, Spanish or Italian. At least not so obvious like in those languages... maybe just a little... :P .... to remember us our language roots.

------------------------------
"I hate spam" - yeah, sure...
Nina   Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:35 am GMT
I don't feel any slavic sound in romanian.This language has many vowels
slavics have not.
What means ''a scai eu scaesc'' ?
2992   Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:01 am GMT
give the whole sentence... :P
eu   Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:20 pm GMT
to whom it may concern: eu scai or scaiesc doesn't exist in Romanian...you might refer to the Noun SCAI (which in a sentence like : "te tii ca un scai de mine", means you are very annoying following me everywhere...

As a noun SCAI is generic name given to some plants with thorns

I suspect that you intended to use the verb : A SACAI which represents one of the many ways of expressing the verb : To Bother (in a consistent manner); to irritate ...

For 2992.

I have a recommendation to make...don't give advises in Romanian or Romanian related because you don't know this language well enough (not even for yourself).

Then, I noticed that as long as you use feelings and not the logic, across Romania, you are not able to make balanced statements . You can hate Romania or whatever else how much you want, but when it comes to statements making, you need to be knowledgeable and free of any negative thoughts; free of hate and free of prejudices in order to get to the correct results and eventually, to get respected.

That's an advise. Certainly, you do however you think or feel it suits you best, but once again, you need to know that by being subjective or showing hate, it is working only againts you, it is disqualifying you.

Best regards!
Nina   Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:56 pm GMT
Thank you the phrase is "Ca necazul ii scai dupa el"
The sorrow will follow him?
Guest   Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:41 pm GMT
Romanian is a reformation of it's former self. The Romanian language modified it's orthography, grammar, phonology & alpabet in the last 150 years or so. I bet, if a native speaker of Romania (from 150 years ago or more) would talk to a present-day Romanian, they wouldn't understand eachother due to their difference in pronunciation and implanted words in present day Romanian. Although 'some' dialects within Romania are conservative and don't use neologisms, they use their old church slavic words and pronunciation to some extent.

Here's an interesting analogy: It'll be like as if "Portugal" decided one day to make it's phonology / language closer to Castilian Spanish.

====>

(Universal Declaration of Human Rights)

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood. (English)

Contemporary Romanian -

highlighted words ARE of French / Italian loanwords:

Toate fiinţele =umane= se nasc =libere= şi =egale= în demnitate şi în drepturi. Ele sunt înzestrate cu =raţiune= şi =conştiinţă= şi trebuie să se =comporte= unele faţă de altele în =spiritul= =fraternităţii=.

Romanian, EXCLUDING French or Italian loanwords -

highlighted words are Slavic loanwords:

Toate fiinţele omeneşti se nasc =slobode= şi =deopotrivă= în =destoinicie= şi în drepturi. Ele sunt înzestrate cu cuget şi înţelegere şi =trebuie= să se poarte unele faţă de altele după firea frăţiei.

Romanian, EXCLUDING loanwords:

Toate fiinţele omeneşti se nasc nesupuse şi asemenea în preţuire şi în drepturi. Ele sunt înzestrate cu cuget şi înţelegere şi se cuvine să se poarte unele faţă de altele după firea frăţiei.