What about the Chef from Hell's Kitchen?

Rolls and Bentley as One   Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:07 pm GMT
His accent was very cool - he ended alot of sentences with

yeah?

I also noted the way he said pasta - very Italian style.

Any ideas on that accent.
Trawick   Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:20 pm GMT
Gordon Ramsey is actually Scottish, but adopted a perfect Estuary accent when he moved to England. However, he has a unique intonation and musicality that I think may have something to do with his being raised a Glaswegian.

"Yes," and "yeah" are the SE England equivalent of "okay?" in a lot of other dialects. Ramsey uses it a ridiculous amount though.
Rolls   Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:36 pm GMT
Very cool accent, I must say.
Adam   Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:08 pm GMT
He used to play professional football for Glasgow Rangers.
L   Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:49 pm GMT
He was an ass at times.... he is a short tempered chef with a ego the size of London bridge.... - no offend to his fans.. but damn he needs to chill and relax for one moment.
L   Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:51 pm GMT
He was an ass at times.... he is a short tempered chef with a ego the size of London bridge.... - no offensive to his fans.. but damn he needs to chill and relax for one moment.

Why is he like that? Is it because that he actually scared someone is could be a better chef then him? If so - he needs to face the facts and stop acting as 'God of the Chefs'.
Gordon Ramsey   Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:58 pm GMT
Your making fun of me eh? I used my tactics to install honor and respect into these chefs and you have a laugh at my expense?

How dare you.
Damian   Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:17 pm GMT
Gordon Ramsey - you have a fantastic vocab.....every fifth word (on average) contains four letters, begins with an f and rhymes with muck. You're not not even good looking...you must be about 40. at least.

Chefs are usually very tall...don't know why that should be....maybe it helps to reach all those pans and stuff hanging on racks. It was great when Edwina cocked up her curry though LOL.
Damian   Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:20 pm GMT
**Gordon Ramsey Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:58 pm GMT
Your making fun of me eh? I used my tactics to install honor and respect into these chefs and you have a laugh at my expense? **

You've been rumbled, Gordie baby......check your spelling.....honor? Or have you been overdoing the southern fried chicken?
Gordon Ramsey   Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:32 pm GMT
I see even my fellow scot has a chuckle at my inadequate spelling and verb usage. I need two rosettos and pastas sharpish, you fxxxing twit, you f333ing couldnt catch a meat fryer let alone a cold. This is fxxxing bollocks, NOW NOW GET ME THOSE PASTAS now, Damian hurry table 3 is ready for the Meat al Fresco, DAMIAN NOW, f999ing Damian, no, no, no good, do it again, put them back in the oven. start over, Table 6 how are we doing, yeah? Damian give it Shirley she'll do it, Damian, take care of the starters.

Hey I may be rough, but I drive a Mercedes so back it up, yeah?
Gordon Ramsey   Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:47 pm GMT
I'm horrified after reading a press release from a hotel in Scotland that went public in announcing the fact that they're doing a deep-fried sandwich full of Nutella. I mean, Christ! Seventy-five per cent of my staff are French. They look at me like I'm some sort of twat that my Scottish brothers are launching two slices of bread with a fucking inch of Nutella between them, battered and deep fat fried. Now what the fuck is this country coming to? What are we doing to ourselves? That has to be abolished. Here we are, progressing tenfold, buying the right bread, real croissants, we're making fresh muesli and we understand what a great cup of coffee is. And then some idiot brings out a deep-fried chocolate sandwich. I want to find the bastard that put that idea together. I've got the most amazing charcoal grill in my new kitchen. I'm going to sit his butt on it and criss-cross my name on his bloody arse cheeks to remind him. Every time he wakes up in the morning he can gawp at his arse. Is he fucking stupid? When these things hit France, the French just have a field day laughing at us. So I'm looking for that scumbag. I'm going to fucking grill his arse. Brand him with a hot iron like a little calf or a lamb. I'm going to put Ramsayfied on his butt, so every time he wakes up in the morning, he thinks 'Fuck! I shouldn't have done that!
Gordon Ramsey   Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:52 pm GMT
Let’s not confuse the word volatile with being aggressive and passionate. When you put your reputation in the hands of others in the kitchen, you are the one who will take flak when it doesn’t go right. I’m not running a fucking hot dog stand.
Rolls   Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:05 pm GMT
I just watched an interview of Mr Ramsey and that is the exact accent I am looking to obtain, a 1 week stay in London/ perhaps I can achieve this?
Damian in Scotland   Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:43 pm GMT
What about deep fried mars bars then Gordie? oops sorry......so you can understand me: ...fucking deep fried fucking mars fucking bars.

Hey...if they bleeped out all your swear words only about 20% of what you say would be heard..should be fun as nobody would be able to understand what the (BLEEP) you're (BLEEP) ranting on about.

Rolls...concentrate on your Estuary instead of Ramseyspeak...you cannae go wrong then. Don't want you to offend genteel old ladies in Kensington.

off home now......been a wee bit slack this affy...ITS THE WEKEND! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy
ditto   Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:46 pm GMT
It's also the WEEKEND