Merry Christmas

The observer   Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:58 pm GMT
I would like to wish all of you (and your families) a Merry Christmas and a happy new year.

Take care,

Cheers
ho ho ho   Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:32 pm GMT
Merry Christmas to one and all.
guest   Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:02 am GMT
Merry Christmas all
Meesh   Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:26 am GMT
It's relieving to see that you're saying "Merry Christmas" instead of "Happy Holidays." Everyone where I live is so uptight about Christmas being a "Christian" holiday, so it's deemed politically incorrect to say "Merry Christmas." In my personal opinion, Christmas has become an American tradition, no longer JUST a religious holiday, so it should be okay to say "Merry Christmas." I'm not saying saying that Hannukah and Kwanza are not important holidays--I'm just saying that people should be allowed to say "Merry Christmas" without being ostracized.

Meesh.
guest   Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:13 am GMT
>>" Everyone where I live is so uptight about Christmas being a "Christian" holiday, so it's deemed politically incorrect to say "Merry Christmas."<<

Think you should change location; it seems to me that these people are having some serious issues (no disrespect intended). Red flag is up when people claim victim hood status on the basis of low self esteem and insecurity. Having said that; Merry Christmas and a happy new year!
leena   Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:48 am GMT
all world celebrate..wat a bizzare coincidence!!! you celebrate the xmess and we in the islamic world celebrate all Hajj accoasion...
Pete   Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:50 pm GMT
<<all world celebrate..wat a bizzare coincidence!!! you celebrate the xmess and we in the islamic world celebrate all Hajj accoasion... >>

Oh that's great! I didn't know that... well Merry Christmas! Happy Hannukah! etc etc...
Gust   Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:10 pm GMT
Merry Christmas everyone!
User   Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:20 pm GMT
>> I'm just saying that people should be allowed to say "Merry Christmas" without being ostracized. <<

I think that's just a California thing. Anywhere else you can say "Merry Christmas" without problems.
Meesh   Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:42 am GMT
Haha, YES! It probably IS only a California thing XD Durn Californians and paranoia
Guest   Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:27 pm GMT
Merry Christmas everyone
Guest   Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:31 pm GMT
>> Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:27 pm GMT
Merry Christmas everyone <<

Well it's a little late for that now...Unless you celebrate the full 12 days... Or does that start before Christmas?
pipimimi   Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:32 pm GMT
Merry Christmas people all over the world
Guest   Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:45 pm GMT
Is it true that British people celebrate Christmas on the 26th instead of the 25th?
Lazar   Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:17 pm GMT
<<Is it true that British people celebrate Christmas on the 26th instead of the 25th?>>

No. Outside of some Eastern Orthodox Churches, everybody celebrates Christmas on December 25th.

But Britain does have Boxing Day ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing_Day ) on December 26th, which may be what you're thinking about.