Should I learn Russian?

Selcuk   Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:00 pm GMT
I live in Turkey and every year over 2.000.000 Russian tourists come to Turkey.So if you think I should learn Russian, what are your reasons?
Maria   Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:25 pm GMT
Don't the Russians speak english?
Guest   Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:53 am GMT
learn russian it the best thing you can do learn a second or third language
Guest   Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:03 am GMT
maria russians don't speak english.
JR   Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:09 am GMT
That is interesting,
Keep in mind that these tourists don't visit all of Turkey. I'd say that they visit mainly Istanbul. If that's somehwere you plan on being for a long time in the future, I say go for it :D
JakubikF   Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:57 am GMT
The more languages you speak, the better for you.
Real Deal   Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:21 pm GMT
Start from learning the MATT.
IF some russian asks u in a broken english. What does it cost
You reply- Ebi na hui gandon or Sha pizdi poluchish
Selcuk   Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:02 pm GMT
Thank you all for your responses.I think I should learn Russian because there are so many tourists in Türkiye in summer.JR, thats for you: there is not that many of Russian tourists in Istanbul.There are more of them in Antalya, Mugla and Izmir.Russians come to Türkiye for their need for sea, sun, and sand.They get the most pleasure from Türkiye.There are so many Russians who don't speak English in Antalya that there are many road signs and writings written in Russian.Almost as many as the Turkish ones.I should really go for it ;D
DonotlearnRussian   Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:37 pm GMT
....unless you are Russian. I used to be a Russophile until I found out that Russians are THE most racist people on the planet: they hate blacks, poles, georgians, central asians, chinese, and all races that aren't russian. In Russia the police hassel non-Russian looking people and you could be beaten up by neo-Nazis which are protected by Putin.
mishuk   Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:11 am GMT
Cut this political garbage talk.
Russia is a multinational country.

As to the question Selcuk asked, I can reply: Learn Russian.
People started learning Turkish in here because contacts are growing.

JR , Istanbul is not the only destination. I would say Russian torists rather visit the coast of Turkey than the capital.
DonotlearnRussian   Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:37 am GMT
The Russians sure treated the Georgians living in Russia fairly during the spy row last year.

Dumbass!
DonotlearnRussian   Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:39 am GMT
Russia is a declining nation - economically and politically. Russia is never consulted in the international arena and her days as a power are long gone. Russia is not even a formidable regional power as the Chinese have swiftly usurped that role.

Russians are racist - plain and simple. Russia will always be for Russians and I prefer it that way.
Guest   Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:56 am GMT
Russia is in G8. China is NOT
Guest   Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:05 am GMT
In a poll in Turkey,it showed that Turks trust more the Russians than the Europeans.
The russo-turkish energy cooperations are thriving.
Learn russian!!
mishuk   Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:25 pm GMT
Those Georgians who lived in Russia ILLEGALLY deserved what they got.
It's Russian business who is to be deported from their homeland.

Russia is a homeland for more than 100 nationalities and this number of nationalities is growing according to the latest census.

China cannot be comparable in freedom of religion and speech that Russia boasts.

But, of course, China deserves to be a "formidable power" in the world of dorks like you, man.